Learning C++ questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardinggamer

I really want to learn C++ and I have a few questions on getting started.

First off what is a good program to use?

Are there C++ classes you can take in NY?

Does anyone on here want to teach me done things?

Do you know any good places to go for questions (forums for example)?

Please help me out with this if you can. I have wanted to learn C++ for a long time.

why C++? what kind of software are you looking to create? windows forms? web applications? mobile apps?

As software architect for a healthcare IT firm, I can say C# is a better language to learn if you want to stay with Microsoft technology. The best way to learn is to just download Visual Studio and start coding. For example, if you want to make websites, check out Microsoft's ASP.NET website (http://www.asp.net/). It has tutorials, videos, and a very active forum.

If you want to make a career out of this, I can say that having a solid education in computer engineering or computer science goes a long way with interviews. Starting salary is about $55-$60k for a new grad. You can easily get $100k+ after a few years in the field, especially in New York.

why C++? what kind of software are you looking to create? windows forms? web applications? mobile apps?

As software architect for a healthcare IT firm, I can say C# is a better language to learn if you want to stay with Microsoft technology. The best way to learn is to just download Visual Studio and start coding. For example, if you want to make websites, check out Microsoft's ASP.NET website (http://www.asp.net/). It has tutorials, videos, and a very active forum.

If you want to make a career out of this, I can say that having a solid education in computer engineering or computer science goes a long way with interviews. Starting salary is about $55-$60k for a new grad. You can easily get $100k+ after a few years in the field, especially in New York.

I am very skilled with C# actually. However I want to be a game developer and C++ is what they use. Yes they do have games using other languages but C++ is the language for all the BIG games, Call of duty, Halo, GTA, etc, and I plan to make games like those one day. I got visual studio for C++ but hate it so I am trying to use netbeans which is not turning out so well. and I don't want to use notepad++ for its lack of a compiler and debugger

Back