Largest Chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EBB

How big are the largest chins on record? What are the weights of some of your largest?Pics would be appreciated too :)

This interested me too, so I tried google searching and found nothing. :(

The only record breaking thing I could find was age. There was a chinchilla that lived to be 28 years and 94 days old.

I've had one's in the 1200g range...I KNOW that's not the largest anyone's had on here though. I don't have pictures of her anymore, but you wouldn't have known from pictures that she was that large. She looked more like an 800-900g animal.

The oldest I am aware of is a 30 year old in Houston, TX.

The largest I've seen was over 1300g. No pictures.

Here is the most morbidly obese one I've ever owned; http://chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showpost.php?p=321160&postcount=74

The heaviest I've owned was ~1200. You will find the extra large girls are usually 5+ years old. They tend to gain density and size as they age. Starting at about 3 years I have to be really diligent about checking collars because their neck gets wider. Not fattier, just bigger.

I will have to look for pictures.

This is Hester, one of my largest chins. Don't know her weight off hand but she's big. She's a year old standard/vc.

Attachments

• Hester.jpg
    Hester.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 12
Back