Labored breathing?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrybean

What does labored breathing look like? My chinchilla went to the vet last month and was in perfect health, he plays, eats, poops, drinks, pees, runs, all of that. He isn’t lethargic nor does he cough or wheeze. His eyes and nose are good as well

That just looks like he is breathing fast like something scared him or he is annoyed, is this how he is breathing all the time? and is he making any noise when he is breathing like that?

Labored breathing would look like the chin is having a hard time breathing, so not moving much, possible open mouth breathing, squeaks and/or wheezing sounds, things like that.

That just looks like he is breathing fast like something scared him or he is annoyed, is this how he is breathing all the time? and is he making any noise when he is breathing like that?

Labored breathing would look like the chin is having a hard time breathing, so not moving much, possible open mouth breathing, squeaks and/or wheezing sounds, things like that.
I don’t think it’s all the time. He doesn’t breathe deep like he did in this video, it’s usually just very fast it seems. I haven’t heard any noises, just some noise after I gave him a dust bath like he got something in his nose.

Back