kishi cute her leg!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leowyldemi

so kishi managed to scrape her leg on her little sleep hut, i removed it and cleaned up her leg,she 's got a scrape about an inch long on her leg, it bled pretty good but i got it stopped, it was just scary to wake up and check on her and see blood all over her cage. i think i was more afraid than she was. it's scabbing over and she's notlimping, she was playing on the bed for a good bit and was climbing around on the blankets and jumping to and from the top of her dust bath fine.
is there any topical ointment i could get that she won't lick off? or anything else i can do to make sure it heals right and doesn't get infected. it's her back foot and she's completely fine other than the scrape, just annoyed that i was fussing over her.

get some blue kote. it's an antiseptic liquid. be very careful when applying it! blue kote will stain everything it touches.

and keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't chewing or aggravating the site.

ok will do on that asap, she seems to be getting around good still, she's currently flopped out on her wooden ledge

Back