Quantcast

Just Wondering if this is normal...

Gus_4

When I scratch my chin’s belly or side he closes his eyes in “approval” and enjoys it. But sometimes he will squeak and twitch his head. Is this normal? He is acting perfectly normal but wondering if this is like a purr?

Devynthecatwithsocks

if he squeaks this is actually him barking. If he barks at you most likely he doesn't like it. It could be that sometimes he enjoys it but when he barks I would stop. I would look up chin barks and what they mean so you can identify them when it happens.

Gus_4

if he squeaks this is actually him barking. If he barks at you most likely he doesn't like it. It could be that sometimes he enjoys it but when he barks I would stop. I would look up chin barks and what they mean so you can identify them when it happens.
could it be that he just wants me to move my hand up/down/left/right? He doesn’t ever seem in discomfort but will come to my hand or look at me when I stop.

JamaisVu

My boy will squeak if I pet him on the back but quite enjoys neck, head, and ear rubs.

My girl loves full body, neck, and belly...but seems to get very annoyed if I dare pet the top of her head or accidentally touch her ears.

So most likely that's a spot your chin doesn't like. Each chin has their own preferred spots.

Madip

I was kinda curious about this too. I’ve had my chinchilla 2-3 years and he never barked. Tbh I didn’t know they did 😂. I went to meet a lady to get my rescue and when I went and she picked him up he barked. I was so so surprised. I notice when I pet him he’s so nice he loves it I’ll be petting him and he’s fine then boom bark. Is it like a discomfort or kinda okay I’ve had enough kinda thing?

Gus_4

I was kinda curious about this too. I’ve had my chinchilla 2-3 years and he never barked. Tbh I didn’t know they did 😂. I went to meet a lady to get my rescue and when I went and she picked him up he barked. I was so so surprised. I notice when I pet him he’s so nice he loves it I’ll be petting him and he’s fine then boom bark. Is it like a discomfort or kinda okay I’ve had enough kinda thing?
I don’t know. My little guy- I’ll pet scratching his side or his chin and he’ll close his eyes and welcome the scratch but then he will start to twitch a bit and bark. Then I’ll stop but then he will come over to my hand almost saying to continue. So I have no clue but if I find out I’ll definitely follow up.

Madip

I don’t know. My little guy- I’ll pet scratching his side or his chin and he’ll close his eyes and welcome the scratch but then he will start to twitch a bit and bark. Then I’ll stop but then he will come over to my hand almost saying to continue. So I have no clue but if I find out I’ll definitely follow up.
That’s exactly how mine is too!!

Unicorn777111

When I scratch my chin’s belly or side he closes his eyes in “approval” and enjoys it. But sometimes he will squeak and twitch his head. Is this normal? He is acting perfectly normal but wondering if this is like a purr?

SweeSwee does the same thing. I can pet and scratch her all over her face and ears, chest, front feet and under side. She especially likes her eyes and ears,
rubbed. Then she will let out a sharp bark. I stop petting her. And she nuzzles into my hand and wants me to continue to pet her.

If I try to pet anywhere from her back to her tail, (the back half of her body) She lets out a short, loud bark/scream as if she is in pain. And immediately runs and hides. However, when I'm holding her I can pet her back side and tail and she seems indifferent to it. She doesn't enjoy it but she doesn't hate it. She doesn't bark or show discomfort.

I have wondered about this behavior myself. Thanks for posting.🐁🙋🏻‍♀️💕

Latest posts