Just Double Checking..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

So, I'm tiling the first level of my FN cage with ceramic tiles. I just want to make sure that using grout and grout sealer is fine for chins?

I think a chinchilla will eat that and I doubt it's safe...but I don't know for sure
Without grout and grout sealer, if they pee on the tile it'll drip underneath the tile and just sit underneath it. I've heard people on the forum use grout sealer, and they said it would be fine, but I'd like multiple direct opinions on this subject as I'm very protective over my chins' health. :unsure:

Without grout and grout sealer, if they pee on the tile it'll drip underneath the tile and just sit underneath it. I've heard people on the forum use grout sealer, and they said it would be fine, but I'd like multiple direct opinions on this subject as I'm very protective over my chins' health. :unsure:
I think it would mainly depend on your chins as my chin chews anything and everything he can get his paws on! So I definitely wouldn't use it with him :)

I think it would mainly depend on your chins as my chin chews anything and everything he can get his paws on! So I definitely wouldn't use it with him :)
I'll keep attempting to do research, see if I can get any direct answers. I already asked the r/chinchilla subreddit, and I'm currently waiting for a response. At this point, it's either use no grout and have urine seep through the cracks, or use grout and hope they're not interested. The grout and grout sealer would also set, cure, and dry for multiple days in the garage, which the chins are not located in.

So would just tightly setting the tile in the pan work?

How often should I clean them if they get peed on some? My boys don't always use them litter pan.

Back