Just curious, question about combs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maia

Forever Weird
Recently, my Sebastian has been shedding quite a bit, he has a "halo" of fuzzy fur sticking out and also some random tufts. I guess this is the "priming" I have heard about. I combed him recently, I saw a video (I think from a member on here) on how to comb chins. I obviously don't have a chin comb as I am a pet only owner, so I just used a hard rubber fine toothed comb I had, and it did the job. Not sure if it did as good of a job as a comb with longer teeth would have.

So, I'm an ex(for now) hairdresser and currently I work for Sally Beauty, and I noticed that we have this lice comb with metal teeth. I would have bought it, but I am curious if you think this would be an ok comb for a chin. It's extremely fine toothed and probably has twice as long teeth as is normal. I also thought maybe the plastic handle would be too flimsy for chin fur. If so, can anyone recommend a cheap comb with longer teeth?
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Lice-Comb/SBS-798051,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

Honestly, since you only have one chin and they don't blow fur that often - I'd invest in a sticky tape lint roller. Make 6-10 passes and it pulls the loose stuff out that petting/handling misses.

Combing a chin is a pain in the rear, and lice combs are very fine toothed. You can certainly try it though. Fur grows back. ;)

You know, I never would have thought of using a lint roller. I always have them around so I gave it a try, and presto! All that loose hair just rolled right up! Thanks! :D

Back