It's a....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you remember any of your chin boys humping your hand? Maybe instead of a small baby you're carrying a big chinchilla :)
Just trying to make ya laugh (Hugs)

Haha nope, we know from the ultrasounds it's definitely a human baby :neener: and my Cuda and Monaco aren't much for humping.

we are looking at being induced in week 37 due to growth restriction. Everything was fine at the first visit, but I had a follow up today and munchkin had only gained about 10oz. If he or she continues to stay below the 10th percentile, my due date will be moved to March. Otherwise, everything is OK.

we are looking at being induced in week 37 due to growth restriction. Everything was fine at the first visit, but I had a follow up today and munchkin had only gained about 10oz. If he or she continues to stay below the 10th percentile, my due date will be moved to March. Otherwise, everything is OK.
March? Either your doctor has some technology to go back in time... or that is a LOOOOOOONG pregnancy.

Good Luck!

I meant May haha. I'm due the beginning of June, so they would induce as soon as I hit fullterm which is mid May at 37 weeks. The reason for induction is because if the baby isn't getting the nutrients it needs, which it looks like it isn't, it's better to get it out to where it can get the nutrients... basically. My body is keeping what I eat instead of sharing with the munchkin :(

Last edited:
What is the baby weighing? I know ultrasounds can be up towards 30% off. They told me Livvy was going to be 8.5 lbs and she was only 6# 10oz.

I hope everything goes well for you. Keep your head up.

Jessica

2lbs 12oz, Jess. We're gonna play it by ear, ask a bunch of questions, and make a decision based on what we feel is best. The baby's active, so that's a plus.

I meant May haha. I'm due the beginning of June, so they would induce as soon as I hit fullterm which is mid May at 37 weeks. The reason for induction is because if the baby isn't getting the nutrients it needs, which it looks like it isn't, it's better to get it out to where it can get the nutrients... basically. My body is keeping what I eat instead of sharing with the munchkin :(

Oh, okay! I gotcha.

It also means...we get to find out sooner what the baby is :)

Liz, I'm 5'2, normally 125-130, and had gained 10lbs before the pregnancy. So no, I'm not a little person, skinny-wise, despite what Laurie claims haha. The doctor called it fetal growth restriction, so I'm going to look up info on that, and Keith and I are going to come up with a list of questions for Wednesday's appointment... The benefit of this would be the fact that I'd be scheduled for weekly ultrasounds now... so lots of seeing the baby!

The good thing about today's appointment? We got a clear shot at the face! Finally!
200364_10150149931741686_663306685_6771942_3667955_n.jpg

I love your baby pic, Ash! I wish that technology was around when I was preggo. Your baby is beautiful!

Aw fun! Love the picture! But yeah, 125-135 is skill skinny :p SO neener neener!

I just hope your docs aren't induction happy. Do you know their c-section rates? (Maybe something to ask at your appointment) Because the likeliness of a CS happening increase if you are induced, especially if you do not even go into labor on your own.

Baby will definitely be coming at 37weeks, which is the week of May 16... the risks of leaving him or her in aren't outweighed by the risks of early delivery. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to tell if the baby is just small or nutrition deprived, so rather than waiting the extra 3 weeks, we will be induced. The chances of the NICU are low due to the rest of development going well. Wish us luck, and my munchkin will be here in 6 weeks! Scary...

now just think, if you and hubby had been 'busy' a week earlier, baby could've had the chance of being born on mother's day! that would be exceptionally neat, and the best mother's day gift ever!

get lots of rest these next 6 weeks, pamper yourself, and have fun preparing for baby :))

and congrats! i have a little wall plaque that says 'a baby is a bit of heaven come to earth'. so true!

now just think, if you and hubby had been 'busy' a week earlier, baby could've had the chance of being born on mother's day! that would be exceptionally neat, and the best mother's day gift ever!

You mean, if she'd ovulated a week earlier. ;)

I hope all goes well!

Back