ISO downloadable liner patterns for Ferret Nation 182

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zukitchi

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of any free sources of patterns I could download online specifically for the MidWest Deluxe Ferret Nation Double Unit Cage (Model 182).

To be clear, I'm not looking for a how-to YouTube tutorial or similar, just the patterns with exact dimensions - as if I was buying a pattern to make a dress from Jo-Ann fabrics, lol. So perhaps a PDF I could download?

Would like to be able to include for all bottom& ledge trays, and ramps of both levels.

A close relative of mine who's very talented with a sewing machine is willing to make them for me for free as a birthday gift - I just have to pick out my choice of fleece and send her the sewing patterns. And I don't have the time to take on such a project myself, even the sew--free versions.

I should also note that I do not plan on purchasing the actual cage until I have a few sets of liners made, as well as a few other accessories, which is why measuring myself isn't an option. But I imagine this is all fairly standardized, so I'm thinking there must be a pattern posted somewhere out there.

Complexity will not be an issue, I'd rather have a more complex pattern that yields a higher quality result.

This will be an upgrade to my chinny's current set up, and I can't wait to be able to give this to him.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can offer! 🐭

I'm honestly not sure you really need a pattern. I could get you the measurements of the pans for the two floors and platforms if you'd like. Then just sew a pillowcase-style cover with a few inches extra so you can fold over the open end and tuck it under the pans to secure it. I'm not a talented seamstress at all, but I managed to make some liners without a pattern.

You'll just have to wait for tomorrow for the measurements, since I've still got some things to take care of this evening and then need to turn in early. Alternately, I'm sure you could find the measurements online. But I'd be happy to get them for you tomorrow if you're having trouble finding that information.

I'm honestly not sure you really need a pattern. I could get you the measurements of the pans for the two floors and platforms if you'd like. Then just sew a pillowcase-style cover with a few inches extra so you can fold over the open end and tuck it under the pans to secure it. I'm not a talented seamstress at all, but I managed to make some liners without a pattern.

You'll just have to wait for tomorrow for the measurements, since I've still got some things to take care of this evening and then need to turn in early. Alternately, I'm sure you could find the measurements online. But I'd be happy to get them for you tomorrow if you're having trouble finding that information.
Thank you, I appreciate the offer!

Back