Is vita prima sun salad safe for chinchillas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaghett_and_chippy

i apologize if the formatting is wrong, this is my first time posting in this website. is this food safe for chinchillas as an occasional treat? i know it says for guinea pigs but the ingredients seem ok for chins too. i will pick out and throw away the dehydrated fruits and veggies. is there anything else in this that’s bad for chinchillas?
thanks! image.jpgi1538DEA3-7DAA-409C-B7A5-A5F04C411B1A.jpeg

I would say no, as I only recognize about 20% of that being safe for chinchillas. It seems like a hassle to remove all of the unsafe stuff, so I would just go for an organic treat pack that's actually made for chinchillas. Chinvilla on Etsy has a sampler that's good for the occasional treat. I let my boys pick one two times a week. :)

Looking over the ingredients, it'd be faster to list the ok things. The timothy hay obviously is good, the rose hips, calendula flowers and alfalfa are all safe as treats, the rest is not.

I would love to recommend this product, developed for the Forever Feisty Chin Rescue... It's not only safe, but a healthy supplement and treat. My Myles.... Whose age I really can't nail down, but he's well over 10 years old.... LOVES it!! I don't want to say he's always been very healthy, cuz that the best way to jinx a great thing.... But.... Just sayin'.... ;-)
AND...... It helps to support a GREAT Chin Cause.... Please read their history... ESPECIALLY, the link to the homeless situation.

Chin Treats.png

I agree with Amethyst. I would pass on that food. Just a good quality plain pellet would be much better. I'll add to the suggestions about and recommend fuzzyskingdom.com. She has wonderful stuffs.

Back