Is this right?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it sounds like you got a plan there, and even a way to make some money. Honestly that does make me relieved to hear, I have heard from far too many kids getting chinchillas only to have issues of their parents refusing to pay for things, and since they are under legal working age they have no way to earn money themselves. I think you will be much more set then you get your chin then a lot of new chinchilla owners, even a lot of adult owners. :)

Well it sounds like you got a plan there, and even a way to make some money. Honestly that does make me relieved to hear, I have heard from far too many kids getting chinchillas only to have issues of their parents refusing to pay for things, and since they are under legal working age they have no way to earn money themselves. I think you will be much more set then you get your chin then a lot of new chinchilla owners, even a lot of adult owners. :)
I have worked hard to save enough money and have been trying to covince my parents for over a year and a half at least! If i didn't have the money then my parents would help pay, (they payed the deposit actually) but I'm 13 and so they are trying to teach me responsibility. They said they could easily pay for everything it needs but want me to pay for it because that's how it works in the real world. (got that covered)But they would never let it die just because I couldn't afford food! Though I would never get a chin if I hadn't done all the research I could and couldn't afford all its needs! Daddy jokes that I just don't seem to know enough about them!😊 I have heard of alot of kids too doing that too! It's pretty sad..😥

Last edited:
I plan to always have an emergency chinchilla fund just in case anything goes wrong or for sone reason I don't have money for supplies at that time (everything apart from tide money, that I don't spend on supplies will go in that fund!)

So how many lbs of dust would last 6 months if I gave her 2-3 baths per week? And I switched out the dust once a week? Trying to add it all up.

All together it ends up being $102.04! That's not bad... that's including the apple sticks I sent you plus 2 lbs of dust. Is that ok? Or do I need more for her?Or less?

I think that's it! If you think of anything I'm forgetting, plmk! Is that enough dust for 6 months do you think? I think that's my last question....

You can change out the dust weekly or every other week. Once you see how often you’ll need to bathe and whether they pee in it or not, you’ll know if you need to change the dust weekly or every other week. And you really don’t need to use much dust each time, so dust lasts much longer than you realize.

So i may get 1 lb to start with... if I have to get more then I will but I'll just done that for now. Ruby had 3 puppies this morning!!😍 they are soo cute!

Last edited:
Back