Is this right?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good but treats should wait until the chin is older, like giving treats to a baby, they should be filling their bellies with good things for growing. Otherwise that is definitely a popular place to get treat bundles. You can give them various wood sticks as "treats" and even small amounts of different kinds of hay as "treats" until they are older though.

Looks good but treats should wait until the chin is older, like giving treats to a baby, they should be filling their bellies with good things for growing. Otherwise that is definitely a popular place to get treat bundles. You can give them various wood sticks as "treats" and even small amounts of different kinds of hay as "treats" until they are older though.
Oh ok! I forgot about that! So just apple sticks? What about pummice stones? And should I get the toys? I mean, you get toys for kids so why not kits!😊
https://www.etsy.com/listing/584283...pdmx29anvBNZ2mKcjv3VmZ3arsSofiV4aAkJwEALw_wcB

You can get that much if you want, it doesn't go bad so you can see how much you end up going through. As I said it can be hard to say how long dust can last, 3lb lasts my 2 guys about 6 months but they rarely pee in it (causing me to have to dump it all) and I live in a fairly dry climate, so only 1-2 baths a week. the candy jar is the same one I use.
Oh ok! I forgot about that! So just apple sticks? What about pummice stones? And should I get the toys? I mean, you get toys for kids so why not kits!😊
https://www.etsy.com/listing/584283...pdmx29anvBNZ2mKcjv3VmZ3arsSofiV4aAkJwEALw_wcB
Yep toys, sticks, and pumice stone chews are all good, just no food treats (various hay isn't really a treat but they think it is ;) ). That toy bundle looks good.

You can get that much if you want, it doesn't go bad so you can see how much you end up going through. As I said it can be hard to say how long dust can last, 3lb lasts my 2 guys about 6 months but they rarely pee in it (causing me to have to dump it all) and I live in a fairly dry climate, so only 1-2 baths a week. the candy jar is the same one I use.
So I will most likely do 2-3 baths per week. Maybe switch out dust once per week or should I do it more or less? How much do you think I should get for her? For 6 months.

Oh and you'll want a house for the chin to sleep in, your dad might be able to help there too, and you said before your dad was going to build ledges right?

I think that is pretty much it, you will soon realize buying toys is an endless thing, lol.

Oh and you'll want a house for the chin to sleep in, your dad might be able to help there too, and you said before your dad was going to build ledges right?
Yes, he's building that too. And a hay feeder. He's obviously my go to for anything wood. He actually built our whole house by himself!(with some help from his dad and 2 brothers) along with our dog kennel which daddy calls it "Dog Mahal because it is huge, and his 2 story workshop!

I think that is pretty much it, you will soon realize buying toys is an endless thing, lol.
Yes, i bet!😂 one of the reasons I got such a big variety(though I will probably alwas do so) is to see what she liked, waiting for her to be born is driving me bonkers! And my parents too! I get obsessed over things like this easily!😊(you have probably noticed) at this rate, the Lord may return before I even get her!😂

Yes, he's building that too. And a hay feeder. He's obviously my go to for anything wood. He actually built our whole house by himself!(with some help from his dad and 2 brothers) along with our dog kennel which daddy calls it "Dog Mahal because it is huge, and his 2 story workshop!
Great, that will save you a lot of money. My husband made most of the shelves and ledges in my guys cage, and the perches are mostly prepared from trees on my property. I'm shocked how much people pay for premade sets of ledges from online stores.

Great, that will save you a lot of money. My husband made most of the shelves and ledges in my guys cage, and the perches are mostly prepared from trees on my property. I'm shocked how much people pay for premade sets of ledges from online stores.
I know! And the price is crazy!! I'm glad my dad is a carpenter! Idk what I'd do otherwise!😂

Right now, i have the money for my chinchilla and since daddy has to work during the day, I help take care of the animals until he comes home at 4. He tends to them as well in the evenings, I mainly clean their pens, worm them once a month, (puppies every 2 weeks) and feed/water them. Daddy pays me $10 per puppy when they go to new homes. We have 8 puppies right now and Ruby is actually in labor!!!😃Shadow is gonna have puppies too, I think next week! (They always have them at the same time! Lol.) And my dog Camile is having puppies in a couple of months along with her sister Ginger! (again they come in pairs! Like Noah's ark!😂) so if they all have about their average, that's $260 by the end of April! And I have a job working for another dog breeder making dog supplies for her to sent home with her puppies! That's gonna be $140 ($170 but I have to pay for cost of material of course.) So I think im good on money for now.. that's why I'm getting 6 months worth so I can start saving for the second level of the critter nation and not be constantly buying supplies! At least for a few months anyway...

Back