Is this a good timothy hay based pellet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fins&chins

The 18% rabbit pellets I have been using for my breeding chins aren't being made locally anymore, I switched to their 16% pellets for now but I just found these 18% pellets at another feed store and they are timothy based instead of Alfalfa based, however the current pellets use peas instead of corn and have 3%-3.5% fat and these have 4.5% fat and I think less fiber, which seems strange but of course the GA is minimal amount of % in the feed, it seems more like hay then my original feed, does anyone have any thoughts on it?
Timothy Meal
Corn
Distillers
Millrun
Wheat
Canola Meal
Beet Pulp
Limestone
Molasses
Vegetable Oil
Salt
Magnesium Oxide
Essential Vitamins and Trace Minerals

The 18% rabbit pellets I have been using for my breeding chins aren't being made locally anymore, I switched to their 16% pellets for now but I just found these 18% pellets at another feed store and they are timothy based instead of Alfalfa based, however the current pellets use peas instead of corn and have 3%-3.5% fat and these have 4.5% fat and I think less fiber, which seems strange but of course the GA is minimal amount of % in the feed, it seems more like hay then my original feed, does anyone have any thoughts on it? Dog flinching
Timothy Meal
Corn
Distillers
Millrun
Wheat
Canola Meal
Beet Pulp
Limestone
Molasses
Vegetable Oil
Salt
Magnesium Oxide
Essential Vitamins and Trace Minerals

Hello,

The new 18% rabbit pellets you found with a timothy-based formula seem to offer some advantages over your previous alfalfa-based pellets. The slightly higher fat content (4.5%) may provide additional energy for your breeding chins, which can be beneficial. However, the lower fiber content could be a concern, as fiber is essential for a rabbit's digestive health. You should monitor your chins' digestion and make sure they are not experiencing any gastrointestinal issues with this new feed. The ingredient list appears decent, with Timothy Meal as the primary ingredient and a mix of other essential components. Overall, it's worth trying, but closely observe your rabbits' health and adjust their diet as needed.

Back