Is my chinchilla in pain?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mousethechinchilla

Let me preface this by saying please no hate. I’ve owned multiple chinchillas and all of them have been extremely healthy and happy throughout the duration of their lives, however, I have a female chinchilla about 6 months old and she’s absolutely perfect. So sweet and everything but she’s acted like she’s in pain tonight and I’m hoping someone knows what’s going on?! Shes all scrunched up and not moving with her ears pinned. She’s done this once before about two months ago after eating a piece of an almond. ( I know she shouldn’t have had it she doesn’t get those anymore )… The episode lasted about a minute and then she returned to running around the house and playing with us as normal. Today, she’s been loose in the house for about an hour and had another “episode” and I’m scared she either got into something when I wasn’t paying attention, or if she possibly has a health issue? Right now she’s running around fine in the bathroom with me same as she did the first time but these episodes are scaring me! Please advise I’m really really worried about my baby😭 I attached a video of her behavior to reference…. Maybe sharp bits got in her belly and it hurt? Idk please help.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.MOV
    42.5 MB
Hi, I’d suggest checking with vet.
You know they try to eat almost anything they find, maybe she ate something hard which doesn’t feel good in her stomack. Is her poop fine? How is she doing now?

One of my chins do this when she gets tired after playtime. But id definatly have her checked out. If everything seems fine from the vet she may just be really tired or over heated from play time

Back