is basswood safe?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsjordan

I have been scouring the forum's various safe wood lists and threads and haven't found a concrete confirmation on whether or not basswood is safe. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this particular wood? I have a few blocks that were intended to be carved but are now sitting unused

Yes, other names for it are lime (not the same as the fruit lime tree) or linden trees. I'm not sure if those are on the lists on here though, but they are on other safe wood lists including a FB page that is pretty active and up to date on info rather then parroting other sources.

Yes, other names for it are lime (not the same as the fruit lime tree) or linden trees. I'm not sure if those are on the lists on here though, but they are on other safe wood lists including a FB page that is pretty active and up to date on info rather then parroting other sources.
Thanks so much! Yeah I've seen that it's safe on some of the random sites claiming certain woods are safe but I'd much rather double check on here than just blindly trust a website I'm not sure of.. which fb page are you talking about?

Chinchilla Owners Group they tend to err on the side of caution so I haven't seen them advise anything that isn't safe, and don't advise anything that is considered questionable or debatable. They also do have reasoning (research and/or personal experiences) to back up why they do or don't advise things.

Back