In Memory of My First Chin Friend

• Thread starter xBetterBeSocialx
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X

xBetterBeSocialx

Before I post this, I want to make it clear that I did not own this chinchilla and I did not pick out her cage. It was only my job to feed her, and the owners weren't too thrilled when I suggested a new cage!

Anyways, I wanted to pay tribute to the chinchilla who started it all. Josie lived at the farm I work at along with some other small "critters". When I met her, she had been abused in her younger years and was living out her life afraid to be held or even touched. I just thought she was absolutely adorable, so I started sitting with her during my lunch and eventually got to the point where she would let me give her scritches through the cage.

After many months of slow progress, Josie finally got to the point where she would hop out of her cage and sit in my lap. She wouldn't do this with anyone else, so she kind of turned into my baby. The day before I left for a few days vacation last April, she actually crawled up my stomach and sat on my chest and snuggled with me for quite a long time. I was thrilled with the improvment and humbled that she trusted me enough to let me be her 'person'.

The day before I returned from vacation, I recieved a call from one of my friends who worked with me. Josie had died the previous day. I will never forget her as she was the one who got me into chins in the first place. This is the only picture I have of her and I miss her greatly everytime I look at it. I'll never forget how she opened up to me, even after being treated so poorly as a youngster. She is greatly missed by everyone at the farm.

Rest In Peace, Josie.

DSCF3741-1.jpg

I am so glad she had you to open up her view to humans and that she had you to realize that atleast someone loved and cared for her. As said countless times before- they may be small animals, but they leave the deepest and biggest footprint on our hearts.
:flowers6:
R.I.P Sweet Josie.
:angel4:

I'm so sorry for the loss of such a special little friend. How nice for her, though, to learn that she could love someone who wasn't going to hurt her. You gained her trust and that is truely a special thing. Thank you for showing her such love before her life ended.

:cry4: OH I am litterally crying for you. I'm so sorry she died. But on the bright side, think of what you did for her. You are the only one that got her to trust someone, and I know that meant alot to her. ANd the pic is adorable, she was pretty.

Again, I'm so sorry for your pain.

Jean

I am so sorry for the loss of your little chinny friend. And i admire the compassion you showed to her, and how she became trusting of you.

Back