I'm so sorry Harley..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
When I got home from work last night and checked on Harley, I saw blood all over the cage. He has some mooshy poops, but nothing too serious before I left. When I got home, he had prolapsed. I was already scared I was going to lose him because he was limp and breathing very faintly. I didn't even know if we would make it to the e-vet which is almost 2 hours away. But I took him, and he did make it...still barely clinging on to life. They told me there wasn't much they could do for him..his prolapse was already bad..and he has lost a lot of blood. So I made the decision to help my little baby pass on. It's not even fair. He is way too young. He loves everyone, and would cuddle with me even after I would accidentally scare him when I came to his cage. I feel like such a failure. This is way too many chins lost for me, and I have had to watch every single one of them suffer in my arms..not die a natural, painless death....

I am still in shock. How did you leave me so soon? Before I left for work you were the happy cuddly baby that I came to know over these short 5 days. You already had me wrapped around your little paw and I loved you so dearly. I was so excited to set up your own big cage this weekend and fill it with lots of fun things. Your loss hurts me as much as it hurt to lose my other babies. You were so sweet and you were never scared of me even though you were in a whole new, scary place.

Harley, I loved you so much, and knew you for way too short of a time. My heart feels like it as been ripped out of my chest all over again..it hasn't even been a year since I lost my other babies...I hope my other chin angels watch over you, sweet baby...even though I did everything I could I still feel like I have failed you...

Rest in peace Harley...

Last edited:
Oh Stackie My heart dropped when I saw this post. I am so sorry I wish there was more that I can say. The one thing I can say is no matter how long they are in our lives they will be in our hearts forever.

stacie, im so sorry. i just saw your fb status and ran over here hoping it wasnt true. im so so sorry for your loss. please be comforted to know that when you bought him, you did the best thing for him. his little life ended so soon but at least he had a loving mommy right there by his side. i believe there was a reason you saw him at the petstore.

i'll bet he's playing with all your other past chinnies and theyre telling him silly stories. i know he's smiling. and no stace, youre not a failure. *hugs*

I'm so sorry, Stacie! You are NOT a failure. Things happen that we can't control. You did what you could, and Harley was lucky he was with you, even for a short period. *HUGS*

I am so sorry for your loss, Harley was such a cute little guy, I was just enjoying the pics you posted of him. Rest in Peace sweet boy, many hugs

Oh no Stacie, I'm so sorry this happened to your little Harley :( I agree with Luci, don't be so hard on yourself. Harley passed in the arms of a loving and caring mommy and now he's at peace in chinnie heaven. Hugs to you Stacie.

I'm so sorry for your loss Stack. How devestating for you. :(

Stacie,Harley found you because he needed to be truly loved befor he could leave this world.
Rest in peace sweet boy.

omg, Stacie. I can't even imagine the emotional roller coaster - I am so sorry.

I'm glad he was with you, though, and not still in the pet store or with an inexperienced chin owner. I'm sorry he couldn't be with you longer...

Sleep well little Harley.

Thank you everyone. I guess losing so many chins in such a short period of time has really taken it's toll on me. I know there was nothing I could do but I still can't help but to feel like I have failed somehow. Losing Harley after only having him a few days makes me feel like I have been doing something wrong, even though I know I haven't been.

It's hard to explain but it's just the way I feel. :(

Stace, I told you last night and I'll tell you again, it was NOT your fault. He died knowing you loved him and in comfort rather than in the pet store, alone overnight or with a family who didn't care. I know you tried your hardest last night. I wish you had a closer vet. I'm so so so sorry. Lots of hugs and condolences.

This breaks my heart. I am sorry for your loss! I can't imagine how you are feeling. I am soooo sorry!

I'm sorry, I've seen you horrible run of things, it is not your fault, you've had a horrendous run of things. This is so awful, he had a wonderful five days with you. Rest in peace harley

Back