I'm so excited that I just have to tell somebody!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinstonsMam

For a bit of back-story, let me me explain: my chinchilla is almost 6, and I've owned him for most of that time. However, I've been away studying at university for the last three years, so my Mam has been taking care of him for me. Naturally, our friendship suffered.

I've had him back as my own for three weeks now, and I've gone back to basics trying to win his trust again.

Well, while out for his play tonight, he jumped up on my knee, then settled into the crook of my arm for a stroke, just like he used to. He hasn't done this in a looooong time! We still have a little way to go yet, but I'm so happy and excited that we're bonding again! I know this isn't really of interest to anyone, but I just wanted to shout it from the rooftops!

Thats really amazing to hear. I look at craigs list and half the owners are off to university, so im glad you got to keep your Winston.

Thank you 😊 I'm fortunate I have a family that was willing and able to lend a hand. Looking back, I know it was foolish and unfair to get a chin when I knew I'd be going to university, but my teenage self wouldn't be reasoned with. Still, I couldn't be happier to have him back at last 😊

Congratulations! Those little victories always feel amazing.

Back