If your chinchilla could talk...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If your chinchilla could talk, would you like him/her...

• more?

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • less?

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • the same?

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • It depends on what they'd say...

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

jessla

Last night I had a dream that one of my chinchillas started talking to me, and she started saying that she doesn't think I'm feeding her a completely vegan diet. And then she told me that she called the food companies to find out if their pellets were 100% vegan, and they had no comment, so she was really upset because she wants to make sure her diet is vegan.

So my question is, if your chinchillas could talk, do you think you'd like them more, less, or the same?

My chins love to shake the bars on their cages to get me to come over and give them scritches. I could only imagine the words they would say if they could talk...

I'm all too sure what mine would say. First they would demand more out of cage time so that second they can chew the paint off the walls if they want to. :impatient:

My chins would say "thank u for rescuing me & giving me the life i deserve now hand over the shredded wheat & Apple stix mom"

Mork wouldn't be able to say anything intelligible, he's deaf. :X
Rodya would demand food. Lots of food. More and more food.
Sonya...hmm IDK what she'd say. Probably "Stay away from me. Keep all the other chins away from me...I like being in my own cage...now go away."
And Pico would be a real sweetheart and say lots of nice things to me

"Mommy let me out!"
"Why?"
"I need to find that HUGE bag of hay you are hiding."
"You need to chill out on the hay. You're getting fat."
"I'm not fat. I'm well loved."

I would love to know what she is saying when she talks to me.

I voted the same. My love for them would not depend on what they said to me, that is conditional love. I have unconditional love for my furkids :D I dont think I could possibly love them any more than I do. They are all tied to my heart.

Hey mom!
Yeah Ruby?
I don't think I get enough treats.
And why is that Rube?
I can still scratch my tail...

Or she'd call my dad in...he always gives her treats (against my wishes :/)

I can only Imagine...

Hey Mom! Why did you put me back in this geometric anomaly of a cage?
Because of the rust on your other cage, Zoe
But I LOVED that cage, Mom!
I know you did Zoe, but I can not have you living in a rusting house, it is not good for you!
But why?
Because I said so, that's why.
But why Mom?

Mom....
Yeah, what?
I wanna be cagemates with that white chin
You can't, she's a girl and you're not a breeding quality male
....sniff.....wipe....kack...
Wow mom, you sure know how to hurt a guy's feeling. Oh and BTW you have a kid and you aren't breeding quality either!

If they just mimicked like most birds do than I wouldn't want a talker.

If it was like Dr. Doolittle I would love it.

Edgar would probably say "Please open the door for snuggles please" and "I promise not to escape. I'm a good, cute little chin"

Once the door is open all I would hear his him cackling as he jumped over the barrier to the forbidden zone.

Wow mom, you sure know how to hurt a guy's feeling. Oh and BTW you have a kid and you aren't breeding quality either!

:hilarious:

Wow.

Flea would say "Hey! More treats. Those kind you used to get me before you switched to the healthy stuff! I know you still have them!:notworthy: "

Tik would say, "Give me a treat. Now go away. :impatient:This lava rock is not in two pieces yet."
I could also see the whole Pinky and the Brain convo happening between them.

Holy Smokes I don't need them talking. Since they are up all night I wouldn't stand a rats chance of sleeping. Eighteen motor mouths. I think not. Hee Hee

Luciano overlooking my texting a loser 28-yr old guy who lives with his dad and says....

Luciano: "Hey, Mom. You can't break up with a guy over a text."
Me: "Why not?"
Luciano: "You just don't do that."
Me: "Why the heck do you know about all that?!"
Luciano: "I saw it on TV"

Last edited:
Mom....
Yeah, what?
I wanna be cagemates with that white chin
You can't, she's a girl and you're not a breeding quality male
....sniff.....wipe....kack...

Too funny!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

My chins would stream cuss words....but I would love it.

"get the **** in here and let me out!" "I am a princess I will do whatever the **** I want" and "Out of the way dumb ***, I'll chew on the wall if I **** well want to!"

I would love it if they could tell me when something was wrong, even if they cussed at me all the rest of the time.

I love their personalities. I have a pekingese, so he would say the same stuff.

I am thinking for everyone here it would be like the Get Fuzzy cartoon...the chins would be like the cat, only with chin related obsessions.

Last edited:
Back