If anyone can make sense of this :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LannyCoop

I cannot believe I have to write these words, but I honestly don't know what to do with this right now. Some of you may saw my post early this year. I lost my beloved cat gabby, at age 5 to a stomach tumor very suddenly and unexpectly early this year. We had finally been dealing with the pain and being able to remember the good times and smile when our other beloved kitty, passed unexpectedly in her sleep last night. I have no idea what to make of this, or do about it. She wasnt much older than my cat was, this was my parents cat, they were so close, the two kitties and we all knew she was dealing with her grief but she was still eating, drinking, pooing, peeing, and being as normal as could be expected. And we gave her so much love, we needed each other more these past months.

the only thing I can make of it is, she died of a broken heart? just couldn't be without her anymore. my parents decided not to do a autopsy cause it wouldn't really make us feel any better, and it is their choice not mine, but I just don't understand how she was fine yesterday, fell asleep, and just never woke up. Can anyone relate to this?

Thank you for your support, other pet lovers are the only ones who truly understand, the grief is unimaginable. All I can do is take the time to heal,start the process over again, and take comfort in knowing they are together again, reunited as they should always have been, I just wish it was still down here with me. RIP my sweet kitty angels, I love you with all my heart <3 and always will.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this. I can relate. I had a dog, seemingly in good health, albeit about 7 years old. Went to the dog park that day, chasin' frisbees, etc.

Late that night around 4am I heard a whining, which wasn't unusual as she always made a lot of noise when sleeping. I woke up and turned on the light to see her, eyes open, looking at me. Just thought she hadn't fully awoken yet. Gave her a piece of cheese, her favorite, and thought it was fine. Then I noticed she had defecated and urinated on the bed. I scooped her up and rushed her to the emergency vet and she was dead on arrival.

I have no idea why she passed. I thought maybe it was a stroke or aneurism, but I was told that was unlikely.

I think sometime animals are very good at hiding their illnesses and we don't always know they are ill to the extent they are. They are very good at not wanting to disappoint us humans.

I feel your pain and I'm sorry for your loss.

Your kitty died peacefully, in her sleep, and unless there is a reason to suspect something that might affect other animals in the house, know that she died in a loving home, surrounded by those that cared for her.

I don't think sometimes we always get the answers we seek relating to an animal's passing, but rest assured, she is frolicking with her pal over the rainbow bridge.

I don't have anything under my belt that would help me relate to what happened but what I will say is that I feel you, I am sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you..

I am very sorry for your loss. I lost my precious white persian last August ( on his 9th bday) and his death still has sooo many unanswered questions. I took my seemingly healthy cat to have his teeth cleaned and to be groomed. He had the mandatory tests done the week prior and he was deemed healthy. He made it through the cleaning but died while the groomer was beginning to shave his belly. Did he have underlying health issues? Was it vet error? Was it something the groomer did? I will never know.

Try to find peace in knowing that your pet was loved and is now in a peaceful place. Again, I am soo sorry for your loss.

*hugs* Maybe it was a broken heart; maybe she just knew it was time and that by the time the next one that needs you comes along, you'll have healed enough to make room for that little orphan. I'm convinced the ones that we're supposed to have in our lives show up when *they're* ready.

My thoughts are with you. And you're right, we understand how singular a hurt losing a pet is. They're never "just a pet" to some people, and I call that a good thing.

Thank you all for your kind words and support, it is truly a comfort to have people understand this awful pain I feel, annie, addicted and jodi I am so sorry for your losses as well, they are truly a devastating experience, I'm thankful we have places to go for support, may all our furry friends RIP, and be happy and healthy once again waiting for us until we meet again, I know we will always have them watching over us. I know they need all the love I have to give, and maybe someday another furry friend will enter my life again, when we are all ready. And I need to love the pets I have living as much as I can to honour those no longer with me.

Back