I thought I heard my deceased dog barking.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

I have always said I don't believe in ghost, or the super natural. I would have to see it to believe it.

My dog of 13 years (Sakura) passed away at the end of August due to cancer.

About two weeks ago when I arrived home from an outing, all of my dogs started barking. I swear I heard my deceased dog barking along with them. She had a very deep, distinctive, bark. I only heard it for a few moments.

My dad thinks I'm crazy. My spiritual friends believe I heard her.

I'm not sure if I was hearing things, or not. Part of me wants to figure out the reason, but another part of me wants to believe she is still around in some form.

She sits in an urn in my bedroom, alongside my rescue dog who passed away as well.

Im sure you heard her Renee. Her spirit is still in her home and she was just letting you know :)

I have already seen one of my cats that passed. It brings comfort

Sorry for your loss, I'm with Pam...you probably DID hear her. There are things we humans cannot always explain. Humans...animals...energy goes somewhere when we all die. Let it be a comfort, your dog wants you to know she's there :)

I'm sure it was your dog. I know ghosts/spirits exist, I've seen them. My facebook profile pic is a picture of my Mom's ghost. Try taking pics and make recordings...you may get your proof. Take comfort knowing your pets are still with you and you will indeed be with them after you pass on. Theresa Gerhardt from Athol...if you want to take a real close up look on my FB page, I don't know how to zoom it.

Energy is neither created nor destroyed; that's not hoodoo, that's physics. If she was happiest with the pack, then her residual energy would still be around, and it might well continue to stay for a while now that her body is gone. You're not nuts or hallucinating.

Thanks everyone :) The idea of her hanging around is comforting. I think if she is hanging around, it would be because of me. I'm not sure I have truly let her go yet. I have a new puppy, but I keep comparing him to her. She was one of my best friends for nearly half my life.

I guess I always look for a logical explanation. My dad is practical and does not believe in spirits. I was raised thinking science could solve anything.

I'm hoping to actually see her instead of just hearing her.

It's just strange how one instance can change your view on things.

My mother had a beautiful German Shepherd who was her best friend. She also died of cancer. One day my mother's friend was visiting and she came into the room looking like she had seen a ghost, she said to my mom, that there were two dogs in the house. My mom's other German Shepherd was lying next to her and yet over in the livingroom was a second German Shepherd. Dynasty stayed until my mom released her and told her it was ok to leave and go home.
@Theresa, my lipizzan mare Bresciana, used to live with Patrice Barnes in Athol.

I sometimes think I see my patches out of the corner of my eye. She's been gone for 2 years now. I also sometimes wondered if our new puppy was talking to her because there are certain things that they both do the same.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349701909470.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349701909470.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 179
I also agree that you heard her.
When Jafa, my own first dog away from home died. Sylvain woke up in the morning and said: Chris, Jafa's bark woke me last last. I am sure that was him.
Turns out, I also was awaken by his bark.

It was him!!

He also came in my dreams the morning he died at the vets hospital. He came running to me like he did when I would walk into the yard from work.

He came to tell me he finally is out of pain and happy. It is now over 11 years and I still hurt and tear at the thought of my little guy.

Wow, interesting! I can't really say whether you heard her or not. Like 3csmommy said, "energy is neither created nor destroyed". It could very well be possible you heard her. I believe that spirits or energy can linger around, so who knows!

I'm actually hoping to see her again, if she is still hanging around. I've felt pretty lost without her. It's still weird not to see her. She lived a very long life, but it didn't seem long enough.

Ask her to go see you in dreams then. :) I say this as someone who grew up being protected from abuse by a lab mix we named Jackpot. When my father would go to bed at night, Jack would come into my room and check on me. I remember waking up to the *bump* on the edge of the bed when he'd stick his head on it a hundred times, but several of those were after he died. I swear, at least once, I remember petting him over the edge of the bed when I was in high school. He'd passed away when I was 13, on Columbus Day. Best **** bodyguard a girl could ask for.

There are SO MANY THINGS we humans just don't understand, and even most religions only offer limited possible explanations. I try not to rule anything out. :) My other half agrees, so at our wedding reception, we're leaving an open table with pictures of our deceased grandparents, and putting out a bowl of water and a big squishy dog bed, because the pets that have passed away are just as missed as Grammy and Grandaddy. After the reception, we'll donate the bed and bowl and whatever else we scrounge up to a local rescue.

I fully believe in spirits. I always feel like I see animal spirits. My pit seems to play with something not here. Hasn't happened lately but last winter she definitely had a playmate I couldn't see. She doesn't get that excited out of no where. I was also told that my childhood dog now stays with me.

You definitely heard your pup. Just remember your new one isn't replacing her you are spreading your love around to another dog to have a happy life with you.

Renee, I just saw this post, haven't been on here much since I lost Chilli, he was the reason I joined. A few weeks ago, I had a really rough day, was really upset by something that happened. I dream that night about my sweet cat that I lost in December last year. I dream he was waiting for me on my pillow and when I sat down on the bed, he moved so I could lay down. He climbed on my chest and sat there like he used to and just looked at me and purred. I swore I could feel his fur and his rumbling. When I woke up, it was so real, I was in a funk for the rest of the day. I miss my boy so much still. He was my soul mate cat. I bet your girl did come visit you, just like Dickens came to visit me and let me know it was ok.

I actually think I heard her again this evening. I was in the basement and thought I heard her whining. She would always sit at the basement door and whine if she wanted to come down. I asked my dad if he heard anything, but he didn't.

He still thinks I'm crazy :p

My sweet kitty boy named Ranger passed away Memorial day this year. Not long after his death I was in the kitchen and it was very quiet. My other cats were sleeping and no one else was around. I heard Ranger meow by the kitchen door and I swung around to look at the back door. I remained still and didn't hear it again. His voice was very distinct and could not be confused with any of my other cats.

I miss him greatly. He showed up here 9 years ago with no trust of humans. He turned into the most wonderful loving kitty. He loved the neighbor kids and was happy with any affection given. Sadly someone hit him with their car and left him for dead. He crawled up the drive into the garage and cried so loud that we found him very quickly. His back had been broken and there was nothing to be done but say goodbye. Even at the last he was purring and talking to us as we let him go. We had him creamated and brought him home. I've never met an animal with such a big heart. And such unconditional love.
Anytime he wants to meow will be just fine with me.

Attachments

• Sept 2011 002.jpg
    Sept 2011 002.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 125
Your cat was beautiful, Im very sorry for your loss.

I had an outdoor cat, Katie, for almost ten years. She refused to become and indoor cat. We kept her up to date on shots and she had regular vet visits. She started hanging around in 2002 when we put food out for her. She never left :)

We called her Katie because it sounded like kitty which we had called her before she became my family's cat. She would come running whenever we pulled into the driveway. It was more like having a dog than a cat.

She was never a very nice cat, but we loved having her. She disappeared for four days last summer before returning home. When she returned she was deathly ill. By the time we got her to the vet her body was shutting down.

She went peacefully. We didn't know what happened to her because it was so sudden.

I still carry her name tag on my keychain.

Back