I need to vent about my bad little boys

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittany

Mia Bella Vita
I need to vent! Hormones are RAGING at my house, and tonight they were particularly bad! I just want my babies to grow up and mellow out!!!!!

Mr. Jameson has been peeing on every surface EXCEPT his liner. Additionally he keeps pulling up the corner of his liner to either hump or pick a fight with (I've seen him attack it several times). And to top it off whenever I'm working in Latte's cage (his upstairs neighbor) he flies around his cage kacking and grunting like a maniac.

Bailey has also been a pain in the butt, for the last week he has been tail-swishing and making mating calls anytime I enter the room. He proceeds to mount my hand/arm anytime I'm working in the cage. On days like today I can't help but wonder, will they ever GROW UP?!?!?!

picture.php

picture.php

LOL welcome to the land of boy chins. I have one particular naughty boy, but I've learned his behavior patterns. He is a little PITA at times! Hang in there girl!

:O I've never had a chin hump me ..my socks yes but they were not on my feet. My chichi humps at playtime and he is 8 years old. :p His favorite is socks. He pushes them under his body and humps away. :p BOYS!!!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I gave my little guy a blue cloud rock about a week ago. He had his way with it. I sympathize.

LOL
This entire thread just killed me! Im soo thrilled my house has only princesses! No humping orr boy juice for me... Just the occasional pee fight...

Haha. I've never had a problem with my boys humping me, but they have humped each other. Before Phillip died he and Terrance would go at it outside of the cage. Since Terrance's new cagemate, Jett, is still to young for playtime I have not seen their interactions outside of the cage.

I am waiting for my girls to grow up, they seem to have endless energy, even after playtime, all they need is a one minute nap, and their batteries are full again, it's unbelievable, I can say they are uncontrollable, I use a ware playpen, I need to be in there to supervise these two maniacs, they would bite at the tent, pull threads, open the zip, jump super high trying to escape...
They are a handful compared to my 7 yr old boys.

They are a handful compared to my 7 yr old boys.

Lol...i had to buy trash cans with lids because both my younger chins like to jump in the trash cans and dig everything out. :p little garbage pickers!!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to burst your bubble about them growing up but I have a 9 year old that does all that and more!

Ahhhh, the joys of teenage hormones in chins!!! Get them some cuddle buddies with which to have their way and maybe they'll leave you and their liners alone!!!

Dawn's right...some DON'T grow out of it and remain "frisky" even after adolescence!!!

Gotta' love 'em!!!

You might get lucky, I have 4 boys and none of them have ever been bad at all. I even have a female (separate of course) but they act really good

Sorry to burst your bubble about them growing up but I have a 9 year old that does all that and more!

Oye... I may have to send them back to the chin fairy to learn some manners if they keep this up. She may be getting a surprise package on her door one day ;-)

Get them some cuddle buddies with which to have their way and maybe they'll leave you and their liners alone!!!

Those are at the TOP of my Secret Santa wish list! Latte has always been a rascal too, but I've noticed her calming down (slightly) as she gets older. It's so odd though, James only kacks and grunts when he's near the girls, he ignores Bailey and their cages are side-by-side. Latte likes to lean her head over when I'm cleaning and that sets him off. He also did it at Sandi's house when she was cleaning cages, and had him housed near Lady. I'd understand if he did the mating call, but why the kacking and grunting?

My boys have been naughty lately too. Our newest chin Dale Earnhardt moved into the living room a couple weeks ago after quarantine. The other two boys have started peeing on everything in their cage, I'm guessing to mark territory. I have gone through more vinegar in the last 2 weeks cleaning peed on shelves and chillers. We had a successful playtime on Friday night with no scuffles, so I'm hoping they will calm down. I cleaned cages while they were out on Friday and so far no pee spots!
As far as humping goes, Rufus and Zoidberg still try to hump each other on occasion, and they both love one of my couch pillows. That pillow has been removed from the couch and gets thrown on the floor while they are out to play.

Back