I feel bad :(

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, with highschool starting now and finally reaching an age too get a job I've been super busy and pressured lately.

Drivers edd, phone payments, pre-ap classes, it's all so overwhelming and I feel like my chins are getting the bad of all of this :(

Ever since last saturday they've only gotten on 2 times (they do have a wheel) but now it seems there scared of me.
I can try and pet my friendliest(puff) and runs away!
He has never done this, and now I just feel horrible.

Just needed to vent.
:wacko:

If they have each other and a wheel, don't let your guilt eat you up. I'm sure they are happy and content and know you are doing the best you can. :))

Thank you, tonight after I do vocabulary and algerbra I am going too have a special bonding time with them.

I'm going to clean out there cage really good and put some new toys out.
I'll them out for 20 minutes so they will get some free time too !

I still hope they aren't TOO mad at me.

LOL!

You need to multi-task. Take 'em with you in driver's ed, they are probably about 15 in human years. LOL Well, maybe you can chinproof an area so you can sit on the floor and study etc while they hop all over you.

I'm in college and I'm rarely home because I'm a nursing student and clinicals and classes go all day and on top of that I work at the hospital too. So, when I get home, I usually have homework to do and by then it's bed time. I have 2 chins as well and what I try to do is at least give them chin scritches and talk to them or carry them around while I'm changing their food and water. My chin, Kiwi, I had in high school, but she has since passed away, I used hold her while I did my homework and she never moved, although a few times she did nibble on my homework! There are definitely ways to still give your chins lots of love and attention despite being busy! Good Luck and give your chins extra attention on the weekends!

Life does get busy. You're chinnies are fine. Just relax with them whenever you can. They have a wheel and each other and good food and good water. Just try to let them out 2-3 times a week. They'll be fine.

I started classes this week too, poor hercules was by himself all day today. I was going to let him out to play, but then my car broke down and I had to figure out what to do with it. I still have a few hours worth of homework and its already 11:30 so I only let him out for a few minutes. I've been leaving the radio on for him, but hopefully I can find a cheap TV soon I think he'd like that better.

I start classes on Monday- and I know that my time with the boys is going to be cut. I used to try to do my reading at playtime but they like to chew the books too much. Now I just let them run in the playpen in the living room while I read on the couch. You will figure out a schedule that works best for you.

My classes at massage school is starting nex Monday. I have classes Monday and Thursday nights, and some weekends. I have other activites other nights of the week, too. I would get home late every night, but will let my chins run loose for an hour or so. I will try my best. Everybody has busy life, so we just have to try to give our chins as much attention that we can give. Good luck!

When I was in school, I let the chins out to play while I did homework. Occasionally they'd nibble on my books or my paper, but they had fun, and I got stuff done. The teachers really didn't mind when I told them my chinchilla ate the corner of my homework...they thought it was funny. As long as the room is chin-proof to where you don't have to have your eye on them every second, it should be fine to multi-task a bit.

If you have a reading assignment for school, trying sitting next to the cage and reading it to your chins! My chin always listens when I talk to her, so yours may appreciate it.

We leave our chin alone due to work and school all day (though, he's usually sleeping), but at night when he's awake, we usually let him out and run around for an hour or 2.

Back