I eat my chinchillas with pico de gallo! You?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratchilla

Be very, very afraid
So, I was looking for some more granite to use for cooling stones since the ones that are sold specifically for chinchillas are tiny and cost an arm and a leg. I wanted more for my chins since the little half one I have isn't big enough. I looked at Home Depot and Lowe's with no luck and decided to check out a flooring liquidator near me.

Jackpot.

They have hoards of 12x12 granite tiles, perfect size, and I get my choice of color, also for like half the cost.

I pick up a nice black color one for about $5.50 (they had simple gray ones there for $4.00) and go to the register, this is the following conversation that occurred with the cashier (woman in her 40's).

Cashier: Hi, will this be all?
Me: Yep *Hands over my granite tile*
Cashier: Do you know how many feet you'll need?
Me: No, I only need the one, thank you.
Cashier: Oh... well about how big is your room?
Me: Oh no, that's fine, I only need the one, I'm using it to cool down my chinchillas.
Cashier: Well then, that's great! Okay. *Rings it up*
Cashier: *Hands me receipt to sign* You know, you should bring some in for Rob (she then gestures to an individual down the counter), he loves Mexican food.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm serving myself up a big platter of chinchillas on granite tonight!

:rofl:

Mmm mmm good.
Also, this probably won't help you because you're in Alabama but for any northeasterners... Bargain Outlet stores carry marble for $2 a square foot. :)

ROFL!!! Every time I have to go buy fleece the same woman is at the counter. She always asks me, "you're still makin' them dog clothes right?" :banghead:

lol. Granite chilled chinchilladas. mmmm.

I hit up the Lowe's broken and discount section. You can occasionally pick them up for really cheap there. Found that tile works just as good as granite though it isn't as pretty.

@ Britt, how are those dog clothes coming along?

:laughitup: This is why I have pics of the guys on my cell phone, though up here, we're kind of in a "Little Chile". TONS of people I know have chins... but we don't have any Mexican restaurants.

You know, I didn't have the heart to correct her. But then I could just see me trying to explain that they are rodents and she'd probably freak out that I eat rats.

That is just the funniest story! I shared it on my Facebook even.

:thumbsup:

That is some funny stuff, no lie. You should bring in a chinchilla sometime...

Also, if you want the tile cut in half, some Lowe's/Home Depot-esque stores have a wet saw. They'd probably cut a few tiles for you for free, or maybe a small cutting fee. That's where/how I get my slabs.

Back