I bought my chin Blue Cloud dust and he rolls around in it and eats it?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it has a faint smell of rye bread.. I guess that's probably the reason.
is there 2 types of blue cloud dust?
The blue cloud on google looks totally different than the one I bought.

Yes, the one you just posted is the Blue Cloud that is preferred. It's a trademarked name so I am wondering how Sunseed made their own "Blue Cloud"...

it has a faint smell of rye bread.. I guess that's probably the reason.
is there 2 types of blue cloud dust?
The blue cloud on google looks totally different than the one I bought.

Blue cloud dust itself is a light steely gray with a consistency like fine flour.

As for the initial question... Mine nibbles on the powder sometimes. Rolling in it is what they are supposed to do...

Just to expand a question on this thread since it is related....will the sunseed "Blue Cloud" be ok as well? I have been using it for my pretty little chin and she seems to be keeping clean. It is a dark grey and fits the description that you guys have been giving.

On a side note there is a chin at a petshop where I live that looks a lot like the one that needs a bath so bad on that bottle...only worse, I did not realize that chins could mat (near her butt). l trying to convince the petshop owner to just send her home with me. The chin is there on comission, she has had 3 homes and needs a nice place, supposedly all the owner cares about. Unfortunatly I just can not afford the ~$300 to take her home with me right now. :(

i always wondered why the chin on the blue cloud jar looked like such a grease-ball, lol.

They want to show a chin pre-dust bath, of course. :laughitup:

So, Lixit and Petco's Blue Cloud are fine, but apparently not Sunseed's?

Sunseed's may be Blue Cloud...does anyone know for sure either way?

Sunseed's may be Blue Cloud...does anyone know for sure either way?

I tried to look up if Vitakraft and Lixit have any association and I can't find any. I could only find the german Vitakraft page and translated it into english. They have their own dust bath:

feelrodent.jpg

I couldn't stop giggling at "TO FEEL the rodent". And it's called Chinchilla Sandy...hahah!!

Back