I am a big mean chin bully

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaJTA

That guy.
I have been dealing with some insomnia lately and the past few nights, it seemed like everytime I am about to fall asleep, the chins start in on their wheel. Tonight I was a big evil chin overlord and drilled a small hole in the back of the chin spin and stuck a bolt through it and through the cage bars. I have never seen a chin look so perplexed as when he tried to run and the wheel did not spin.
I will remove the impedance in the morning and only use it as a last resort, but it is much faster than taking the whole wheel out.

haha! Ya big meanie! We have our chinchilla playpen in the living room, and our chins have one of those forchinate chins wheels and it is noisy as heck! It never fails that we will be watching a show and they will start up at just the right time. ;) My fiance always says he's gonna do something like that..

What a JERK ;) Send Flea and Tik to live with me, I'll let them run on the wheel all night long! In all seriousness that is a creative solution.

It's ok Jer. I'm a mean bully too. Koda was running non stop last night and I had just worked a 12 hour day with a splitting headache, so I stopped his wheel too. I just shoved a ledge under it. I'm a mean mommy.

Jer you have heard me say Mick St. John has spent many a night "in jail" he goes into a small tiny cage I have and then it Stewart's room. His isn't due to wheeling though, he's just an ahole at times. Last night, as I have been doing a few times, Mick and Wesley were together in the cage--I removed the metal I have blocking the two cages so they could have some play time together. They usually only last about 3 hours before the macho jerk stuff starts in both of them and I separate them again. Well yesterday things were looking good! Cuddling, grooming, exploring--they made it to the 5 hour mark then at 4am the pissy pants thing started in both of them and I had to separate them. Once done I noticed everyone slipped off into peaceful slumber--myself included lol!

I feel your insomnia pain! Hope you can find something that works for you soon!

Thank god I sleep like a bear.

Good call with the bolt through the wheel Jer. I assume they couldn't figure out why it wouldn't move.

My boys are practically addicted to their wheel. It's the only motivator I have for one of them, lol. We're considering a roommate, so would have to give up the special chin-room. This may come in handy for if they get moved into our room....

iv done the same. Chi chi has a fleece pillow she never uses. And when the wheel gets REALLY annoying I shove it under the wheel so it can move but barly. she may be able to walk it if she is lucky ( it doesn't for the most part ) but it does every once in a while.

That is a good move, unless your chin can work a drill...Mine have their own room, but even so the little devils manage to knock down food bowls or shake cages till I shut the door. Lol my boyfriend can't sleep through the barking though. He wakes up everytime asking me WTF is that noise. It took him a while to believe me it was them. lol I love my boys but they will never be in my bedroom if I can help it. PS: They are in my guest bedroom. :) I never have guest that stay long.

Back