Humidity Issue (Again)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zahrii

Sometimes, for some reason, the humidity jacks up from about 56% to in the mid 60% range. I'm not sure when it starts to die down, as it's mostly in the evening and/or while it's raining. (I live in a quite wet state.) But I know it's not constant. Would I have to figure out someway to fix it, even though I have no clue how, or would my chins be fine with a few hours of temporary high humidity? Also, but off-topic, once every week at most my two chins do what I call a Chin Commotion. There's little to no fur slip, and no real attempt at biting, but sometimes when they get a tad fussy with food (even though they have two food dishes) they grunt/bark at each other a bit with a little pushing around. It dies down very quickly though. Is this normal behavior, or is it a sign of aggression later on? I assume it's just what chins do rarely, as no pair is perfect, but I want to double check. Thanks.

Sometimes, for some reason, the humidity jacks up from about 56% to in the mid 60% range. I'm not sure when it starts to die down, as it's mostly in the evening and/or while it's raining. (I live in a quite wet state.) But I know it's not constant. Would I have to figure out someway to fix it, even though I have no clue how, or would my chins be fine with a few hours of temporary high humidity? Also, but off-topic, once every week at most my two chins do what I call a Chin Commotion. There's little to no fur slip, and no real attempt at biting, but sometimes when they get a tad fussy with food (even though they have two food dishes) they grunt/bark at each other a bit with a little pushing around. It dies down very quickly though. Is this normal behavior, or is it a sign of aggression later on? I assume it's just what chins do rarely, as no pair is perfect, but I want to double check. Thanks.
Yeah humidity is serious for chins. I would get a good dehumidifier asap for her safety. A good note if you live in a wet state buy a dehumidifier for your pets. It's just more comfortable or in this case can save their lives.

I have nowhere to plug in a dehumidifier, but I do have three dehumidifier items that help. A tub that soaks up moisture, and two mini versions of that.

Back