Howdy from New Jersey!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pealittle

Hello everyone!

My name is Chris and I live in New Jersey, don't like it much here but it is my home until my girlfriend finishes college.

I have two chins who are a little over a year old now, and they are brothers. Their names are Marley and Lenny.

I met a breeder online a while back and talked to him about possibly adopting a chin for about six months before actually going to his house to see them. When I got to his house and saw all of the cages I noticed two small chins huddled over each other in one of the cages and decided I would have to get two since they seemed to depend on each other!

My first cage was one that I built while talking to the breeder, and was good for a while but lacked support and eventually just started to look flimsy. I didn't have a lot of money so I ended up buying them one of the purple and green ferret cages from Petsmart and gutting it for wooden shelf space. Recently I decided they deserve more room so we ordered the FN-142 over the weekend and it should be here Monday. Very excited for this one. We picked up fleece last night and plan to make the liners later this evening.

There is some history on my chins, and here's a short bit about myself.

I am 21, currently going to college through an online platform taking classes at Full Sail University for a Bachelor Degree in Game Design. I live with my girlfriend in a Condo and am currently unemployed and trying to find myself a job. Besides my chins I also have three hammies that keep us company, and my time is usually spent playing video games, swimming, or riding bikes with my girlfriend :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here on the forums, even though I am familiar with a lot of names due to how much I have read here and never actually posted :D I'll put up some pictures of the new cage as well as the boys once everything is here and set up!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I live in Toms River, near the Ocean County Mall.

Wow, seems as if you have a few neighbors here :thumbsup: Welcome, I look forward to seeing pics of your babies!

WELCOME !! to another person from NJ. Personally I love NJ - don't like the taxes but all things considering NJ is nice. We VERY seldom see tornados, hurricanes or earth quakes - a very big plus

Back