How to help a chinchilla in mourning?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamaisVu

As I posted recently, my boy Kumo passed away this week. Susu and him have been cagemates since their days at the rescue almost 10 years ago.

Susu is hard to read because she's always been a pretty passive and somewhat lazy chin (she's always been the type that would rather watch TV or watch others run rather than run a ton herself). She's also naturally more aloof, likes attention but on her time and on her terms.

However, I am a bit concerned about her being on her own for the first time ever. I've noticed she seems overly alert and is snappier than usual, so I'm guessing she is dealing with stress/grief but not sure how much or how to help her.

I've been trying to give her extra attention, playing her favorite music, and ordered a cuddle buddy online in hopes it helps. Any other ideas?

I think those are the best ideas. Just keep an eye on her and see how she does for now. I have found the chinnie buddies to be useful. Most of my guys have them.

Back