How to get pee out of carpet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage12

I am planning on putting something under the cage. My white carpet is stained with pee. I have tried vinegar and a cleaner for cats and dogs and you can still see it. Is there anyway for me get the stain out?

Have you tried Nature's Miracle? If so which one? I use this one Advanced Stain and Odor Eliminator for Dogs AccuShot | Nature's Miracle for my cats and dogs messes, as well as to soak the chinchilla cage pans when they get the pee stains. You really do need to give it time to work though, like soak the area then leave it for at least a couple hours or overnight if it's really deep in there.

I haven’t tried it yet. I will get it next time I go to the store. Thank you!

I am planning on putting something under the cage. My white carpet is stained with pee. I have tried vinegar and a cleaner for cats and dogs and you can still see it. Is there anyway for me get the stain out?
Vinegar will mildly reduce deep stains but will effectively neutralize odor. Have you tried hydrogen peroxide? It’s less expensive to purchase peroxide from the pharmacy aisles in stores than to purchase “non-chlorine” bleach in the laundry aisle! Pure some over the stain area, allow to set and work it’s magic, then blot or use carpet cleaner machine to extract liquid.

Honestly, it's not that easy to get out this type of stain from a carpet. Don't let it dry. First, try to clean it with fresh water, then use a brush and soap or baking soda. However, I will suggest you be more careful with your pets next time, and I will also recommend you put a protective surface underneath their bed. For instance, before getting my cat, I've looked for the best flooring for cats to ensure that I am well-prepared and that my apartment will be safe. Anyway, I hope you will manage to remove the stain.

Back