How old were you when you got your first chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old were you when you got your first chin?

• Total voters
i am 19, got her on monday. and her birthday is in April. (Score!). So we're sharing the same birthday. She'll turn 1 when i turn 20 :)

I´m 23 and just got my guys a little over a month ago.

It´s hard to imagone my daily routine without them since they gobble up a fair bit of my day in caring and thinking about them, I have had many animals since childhood but chins have been some of the most rewarding so far.

I was 16 when i got my first chinchilla pebbles who is now almost 8, and my second chinchilla abby when i was 17 who is now almost 7

I got my first chin, Winx, when I was 18. Now I'm 26 and have 14 plus rescues.

My mom got her first, Jinx, when she was 57. She's now 62 and has 2.

I had my first chins at about 13, but my parents rehomed them because I was not a responsible child :/. I got my current boys at 27 :)

I was 24. :))
Eli is my first chinny! It's crazy (but awesome) to imagine that I could still have him at, like, 45! lol

My first chin Eve was a present for Christmas for me and my sisters when I was 11. My little sister was only 5 at the time. We had had pets including rodents since I was 2 though, (mice, rats, hamsters, crayfish, gerbils, guinea pigs, fish, cats, birds, frogs, bugs) so caring for a chin wasn't a new pet owner situation, just a new kind of rodent pet.

Back