how many drops of simethicone?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure because I always used the liguid gels and opened them and squeezed. I did just one or two drops into her mouth directly because sometimes they wont drink it from the water and its faster.

Update: I gave him a full dropper filled with the baby gas drops and hees pooping fine again! Woooo! Thought id never be happy after Gizmo pooped haha :)

I think like humans if they have enough gas build up things cant move along like usual. It works sometimes just keep in mind sometimes it wont and then worry more about impaction ....I do usually try that first with some cc.

Because my girl has malo my vet was good enough to give us 1yr script for it for a local large a.h. that has it all the time. Its annoying, but she lives off of it now so its fine

Well in the past 20 mins, he's pooped once and the ends are pinched. He's not lethargic, full of energy, eats, drinks, runs around, and everything else. He just doesn't poop :/

Yeah he may be impacted. I would take him to the vet if he is pooping only a little bit. Has he had a lot of treats ? or maybe pellets with treats in it?

I gave him a rosehip. That's about it as far as treats, he eats mazuri pellets, and has tons of hay/wood to chew on

Hmm. Sometimes no one can figure out why they get impacted. I would leave him with the bath for the next few hours and provide hay and no pellets. Any excercise can get things moving ...is his tummy hard if u hold him and feel it?

his tummy feels normal. No hardness...leave him with the dust bath??why may I ask? He just got done running around for like 20 minutes

or let him play...dust bathing gives really good motion to get things moving. I would def take him to the vet if he doesnt start pooping more in the next hour

Back