How Many Chinchillas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many chinchillas do you have?

• One

Votes: 62 21.6%
  • Two

Votes: 71 24.7%
  • Three

Votes: 40 13.9%
  • Four

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • Five

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • Six

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Seven

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Eight

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Nine

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Ten or more

Votes: 52 18.1%

• Total voters
Over 2000 here right now as we are taking care of a portion of a herd for someone else right now.

now THAT'S an interesting graph. I guess most pet owners peak at 3, when it goes down a bit then rises for the breeders.

Sorry. Math geek moment.

Of my own? About 40.
Wait! I'd better count to be sure...42.
Plus about 30 rescues waiting for new homes.

Over 2000 here right now as we are taking care of a portion of a herd for someone else right now.

wow, how long does it take you to clean the cages?

I have about 30 chins, but the number always goes up or down when I have some kits born, and I am looking to sell a few more adults so I can go down to 25 or maybe 20 chins,

There should be a none option lol. I currently have zero chinchillas but I want to get two of the same gender once we build our dream home in a couple years. We live in an apartment right now to save up money so zero space. With our dream home I'm planning on having a room built just for my chinchillas, making it extra safe for play time.

I have six chins in four cages. Four girls and two boys: Sherry is 10 years old and the oldest; Sophie (bought her just two weeks ago) is the youngest at 3.5 months.

Back