How do you know when to let go?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jessica, so sorry about Polo. I understand that it was a difficult decision. My previous chin, Buster, had similar problems with his teeth. I was crushing his pellets in a coffee grinder--thinking that I was helping him to eat. It was difficult to put him down, but my biggest regret was that I didn't do it sooner. It's just so hard to know when the time is right. But it sounds as if you chose a good time for both of you. Enjoy your memories and take care.

I'm so sorry for your loss Jessica. I couldn't even post yesterday, because it just hits too close to home sometimes.

Rip little guy.

I've been thinking about you all day. You gave him the best gift of all, he is in peace now and you don't have to worry about him anymore.

R I P sweet angel. You have a wonderful mom.

Don't let this heartache stop you from providing a loving home to another precious baby; when you are ready............

Polo :nolove:

I'm sorry that you had to make the tough decision but it was an unselfish act and you have shown strong courage in knowing when to let go.

***HUGS***

R I P sweet angel. You have a wonderful mom.

Don't let this heartache stop you from providing a loving home to another precious baby; when you are ready............

I agree.
Someday when you're ready, I'd consider adopting a sweet rescue after your wounds heal. You were such a great mom to your little guy, I'd hate to see all that amazing love and attention go to waste =[ But just take it in small steps and in slow strides, everything will get better with time :heart3:

OMG i am sooo sorry. I can tell you from personal experience tho that you did the right thing! You let his suffering end and that takes a special and responsible pet owner to do that. If you need someone to talk to you can pm me anytime.

I'm so sorry that you had to make that difficult decision. Know that it was the right thing to do to keep your baby from experiencing any more pain. He sleeps now in Chinnie Heaven, watching over you.

And I, too, think that you should keep your heart open to the possibility of another chinnie sometime in the future -- they are such wonderful little creatures to have around and you are an awesome Chin Mom!!!

Thank you everyone for everything. Your support means the world to me. It has been a hard week, but I am dealing...chins do keep a special place in your heart...there is always a possibility I will get another in the future...and if I do, you all will be the first to know! :hug3:

Back