How do you keep fleece liners in Bass pans?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleTrinkets

Need a dusting?
I've finally made my fleece liners and tried them out today in the chinnies cages. After about an hour the liner was practically balled up and in one corner. I'm just wondering if there is any way I can hold down these liners without the chin's getting under them and throwing them around the cage.

You can put grommets in the corners and use binder rings like the ones used for hammocks, or, in my case, I use binder clips from Staples. :thumbsup:

Same here. I have either granite tiles, chin spin, hidey house or wood hay boxes covering the corners. The granite tiles work best.

My one chin doesn't move her liner but the second loves to burrow in her fleece liner. I gave up trying to keep it down, she managed to move everything that I used to weigh it down. I straighten it every night and vacuum up the poop that gets underneath. She has fun playing and burrowing. I've come to enjoy watching her.

Wow, thanks for the quick responses!
Seems like I'm going to need to price some granite tiles, although the binder rings sound like a good idea too.

Wow, thanks for the quick responses!
Seems like I'm going to need to price some granite tiles, although the binder rings sound like a good idea too.

You can get good tiles from hardware stores for a few bucks each (and most will cut them for you). Beats the price of a chinchiller any day!

My boys don't really move them around, so it's not much a worry for me..

Mine are thick with a towel sewn well in between two layers of fleece. They peel back the corners sometimes but have never moved them significantly.

I use a single layer (which doesnt last as long but it works fine for me) larger than the pan enough so that it can go over the sides and I tuck it underneath the outside of the pan. I do also have a shavings pan and a tile to help hold it down.

My husband made wood houses and hay boxes for my chins which sit on top of the liners, so those keep the liners in place. Winston still pulls up the sides from time to time, but he doesn't do it often enough for it to be a problem. Good luck.

Some times with the binder rings it is hard because you have to make the liners bigger to go up the side of the pan and onto a bar on the cage. I have tiles on a few corners, a litter pan, a hidey house, a sofa and a couch on my corners in the cage. He doesnt seem to move them aroudn :)

Back