How Can She Still Be Pregnant??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrweaw

Poor Roxy is just huge. She looks like she has swallowed a softball. I keep telling her that those babies have to be fully cooked by now but she isn't ready to give them up yet. It can't be much longer though...she doesn't have any more room to stretch!

Attachments

• 100_2798.jpg
    100_2798.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 128
Wow!!! She is a balloon! hehe What is her current weight?????

Still no babies. I'm just going nuts with worry. I know chins have been giving birth for forever but she is just soooo big. I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to my kids, both the 2 legged and the 4 legged ones. Not sure what her current weight is, she is so big, and has been for a couple of weeks, that I'm afraid to get her out at all. Maybe this evening when the hubby gets home we can coax her into a bowl for a weight. Poor baby, she waddles when she walks!

I have one that looks just like that!!!! Every day I keep thinking "this is the day" but nooooooo she is holding out....lol

I'm so neurotic...I swear I've been checking on her once an hour for days now. I just don't know how she hasn't popped yet! I'll let you all know when she finally gives those little fuzzies up :)

Well, my girl had her two kits today!!! One standard female 47 grams and one standard male 57 grams.....now tell Ms Roxy to get on with it...lol

Roxy finally had her babies! It looks like we have 3 medium ebony kits that are all about the same size. I have not done anything with them yet as they were just born between 7 and 9 this morning but will get pics when I get weights this evening. Roxy is being a very good first time mama and even snarked at me a bit when I checked to see that the babies all looked ok. I'm so glad the birth went ok, she was sooo big that I was worried about the size and numbers of babies. As my kids will all tell you, I'm a bit of a worry wort :)

Roxy's babies!

So it looks like we have 3 girls, although I wouldn't bet anyone's life on my sexing skills at 12 hours old :p Two of them are 45 grams and one is 50 grams, no wonder she was so big!

Attachments

• 100_2803.jpg
    100_2803.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_2805.jpg
    100_2805.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_2800.jpg
    100_2800.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_2801.jpg
    100_2801.jpg