Horny chinchilla!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

circulita17

I Have a male chinchilla that I love so much, but lately his been all sorts of horny and he cleans himself . when he finishes he gets his sperm all over his fur. His fur looks so filthy and I give him dust baths everyday and it seems like its not helping him at all and he stinks. I thought about buying him a female chinchilla but I don't want any baby chins and I also thought about neutering him but there's so many things that can go wrong. What can I do? I don't know what to do with him?

Maybe buy him a cuddle buddy that he can, um... cuddle, with? Other than that, I dunno. They just do that kinda thing sometimes.

I have a young male that uses his cuddle buddy all the time for cuddling, but I have never seen any of his sperm mess his fur, so I guess a cuddle buddy should work

I have a young male that uses his cuddle buddy all the time for cuddling, but I have never seen any of his sperm mess his fur, so I guess a cuddle buddy should work
Where do you get a cuddle buddy or do you make it one?

i would suggest blue cloud dust. i dont know the much about kaytee dust except that its not as good quality as blue cloud, which, as far as i know, is the best dust out there
some people sell the cuddle budies on here. camphor chins has a cubie buddy which is the same thing: http://www.camphorchins.com/store_fleece.html
im not sure how to make them so another member will have to help you out there. all i know is that they are made from fleece and stuffed with fleece

Last edited:
I bought one at the petsmart, it is a stuffed animal, in the shape of an apple, it was in the rodent section, you can also make them, or you can even get him any kind of stuffed animal that you like, but fleece cuddle buddies are the best ones, because they are chin safe, and sometimes the fabric of a stuffed animal are not made of fleece.

Back