Hoping for Whites?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

threewingedfury

<3 BIG and Blocky <3
I have two white females from Jim Ritterspach that should be littering in the next two weeks. Both are out of his "most prepotent" white, K887. I'm hoping for a pair out of each, but it looks like I may be surprised with more as big as these girls are getting.

Poor Arwen is miserable. I sit in the corner of the room and listen to her kack at her unborn babies. I can feel kicks any time I touch the tummy, so she's ready any day. She's bred to a Hummel color class champ standard that sired a black velvet kit for me earlier this week. She took a 1a in NY last year. Weighed in at 1036g today.

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

Galadriel on the other hand has been holding back on me. I think she got pregnant during the heat cycle after I caught her mating, because her 111 days has come and past, but if that's the case, she should be ready this week because it's been almost a month past. She also seems very miserable to me, and I've felt kicks from her, but so far, nothing. She's bred to a Shoots color phase champ standard male. She took color section champ in NY last year. I lost her mate's first kit last week from another white female, so I'm hoping this one comes through. She weighed in at 984g today.

DSC_0358-1.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Arwen. Take off her collar and close off the jump hole. That poor girl is ready to have little ones any minute!

My little Kiwi girl is super duper pregnant right now. She's at 950 as of a week ago and the little ones just need to come out.

Because she's bred in a polygamous run. There's one male to three females. The females are collared so that they can not leave their run hole. The male can travel back and forth in between the runs, but the females can't.

So I named them Paris and Atom. Little Atom has a nose and ear injury from birthing. I should have named the poor little guy Rudolph. Mom's milk is in, there's no fighting and they're both nursing well. They're still not completely clean, but I'll get more photos later, I just get photo happy with kits ;-)

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

Back