Hooked on chins ;)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragsil

I only realised today just how dedicated I am to these little critters, I sat down with my boyfriend to go over our job options and finances here vs back home in Australia to make a choice about where we should spend the next few years and the chins played a HUGE part in it, I simply could not stand the idea of leaving them behind if we decided to move back to Australia! We did a new plan of action regarding the job hunt just in order to be able to stay in the country with them. I've never been this in love with a pet before, after less than a year I am completley besotted with my three boys, checking their poop several times a day and dragging myself off the warm sofa at midnight just to be sure that playtime gets done. Also ordered a custom made bracelet with Silver Chin on the front of it too, can't wait untill it arrives!

I'm off to Italy in a few weeks which will be the first time since I've gotten them that I'll be away, the boyfriend is under strict instructions to do nightly playtimes (SHUFFLE, don't walk in the chin room) and come on CnH if any emergency arises. No doubt there will be a lot of stressing on my part though and constand check ups to see how the babies are doing without me to sing to them and baby talk when they get their scritches (bf refuses to baby talk and they don´t allow him to scratch them, lol)

Have other people had a 'lightbulb' moment when they realise just how much their little fuzzy friends mean to them?

of course, sometimes i just sit and watch them and just get overwhelmed with how much my little buddies mean to me.

I only had my Benny for 3 weeks now and I feel like its to early to get a chin sitter to go away for a weekend with my family. Ive been arguing it out with my dad about how I can not go away Benny needs me too much. I dont want to move Benny around for a weekend camping trip.. So I know how you feel. My Benny means so much to me. My boyfriend even makes fun of me cause I spend more time with Benny then I do with him. I think we all treat our chins like they are our babies. :))

I have to tell you once Benny is completely comfortable with you and you have a trailer or rv with AC and/or heat chins do great camping. I have been camping with several of mine many times for years. When I have to hand feed either an adult or babies who need supplementing they go with me with absolutely no problems. I have small cages just for that. In fact, I am going to the State College chin show in our RV with my show chins - we (my husband & I) are planning on having a blast.

I have to tell you once Benny is completely comfortable with you and you have a trailer or rv with AC and/or heat chins do great camping. I have been camping with several of mine many times for years. When I have to hand feed either an adult or babies who need supplementing they go with me with absolutely no problems. I have small cages just for that. In fact, I am going to the State College chin show in our RV with my show chins - we (my husband & I) are planning on having a blast.

REALLY!? That is sooo great to know!! My family and I have a pop up trailer with AC lol. and we go away so much. He actually let me pick him up the other day for the first time. It was only for 5 mins but its still process. :))

I had a hissy fit last week when my hubby booked a two day trip away from home and insisted we could get someone to stop by and take care of my pets. Still trying to decide Whether or not to cancel to trip, lol.

Oh wow, camping with chins! That would be the best fun,but I imagine that there would be poop everywhere!

Baby Dragon bit me really hard today but I didn't mind, I was more just excited by the fact that he came up to me by himself, even if it was to bite me for having to skip their playtime today ;)

I think I realised it when my dad first told me how my chins act when I'm gone. Apparently, even if I just leave the room for a few minutes, Caboose barks and whines and hides, then turns back into her happy opinionated self. When I spend the night at mom's she gets crabby with anyone who tries to give her her beloved scritches. Silly little baby, it does feel good to be so bonded with her though.

When, after two years of living in my apartment with chinchillas, my landlord suddenly informed me that all my chins had to be out by the weekend, or I'd be evicted. So I subletted my room and found a new apartment within the week....with a designated chinchilla room!!! Oh and to make it work, my boyfriend had to sublet his place and move in with me. It was a big step for me, my boyfriend, and the chinchillas, but here I am resigning the lease for the 3rd year and I must say, I LOVE MY CHINCHILLA ROOM. Screw that landlord, but I'm thankful it all worked out. My friends all think I am insane of course.

I had that moment when my mother visited and commented about how much I love my chinchillas. She said that you could really see it on my face.

Back