Home made Cages Pictures?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3chins

I would love to see any home made cages you have. I have a guy comming today[hopefully] to make wood shelves for the chins to get rid of the plastic ones and would like to show them home made cages to think about making.

Here's the pictures of mine ( I LOVE it!)

Attachments

• 1021.jpg
    1021.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 969.jpg
    969.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 217
These are off of our website but gives you an idea. Each tower is 4 feet tall, 2 wide, and 2 deep. Dividers go in for breeding cages.

Attachments

• Riesling and colby cage.jpg
    Riesling and colby cage.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 271
  • breeding set up melamine.jpg
    breeding set up melamine.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 283
room5.jpg

room3.jpg

What types of wood are OK to use in a home made cage? I'm trying to talk my husband into building one, and that is the first question he is asking.

need help building chin home

can any one send me step by step instructions on how to make a chin cage for two chins? I would like to build the biggest home possible for them but don't know how.. looking for a complete layout on one with a list of all materials to build it and step by step instructions with pictures would really help me.

These are off of our website but gives you an idea. Each tower is 4 feet tall, 2 wide, and 2 deep. Dividers go in for breeding cages.

I would LOVE to have a cage setup like this one day for my chins. It looks so so nice. I have a large setup with pairs in martin's cages right now, which is okay but that just looks so nice and neat rather than cages stacked all over. Very nice.

How do you deal with chins chewing up built in shelves? I've seen some custom cages but they all have built in wooden shelves/houses, which is super neat but I don't know how you'd replace them if they got destroyed. Also, with cages with wooden walls and the like, do the chins try and chew them...? Are their issues with wooden floors absorbing urine, for those whose chins aren't litter trained? I'd kinda like to consider a custom cage in the future since there's a good chance I'll be going to college in another province and I don't know if taking the CN my boy's in now with me will be the best option.

I know most cages are made from a plywood with a melamine(sp) coating on one side. As far as shelving I plan on making several of the same size and screwing them in. That way it's an easy swap when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back