Hetro beige or beige violet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorMadeChinchillas

Is there a visual way to tell the difference between a hetro beige and a beige violet? I see conflicting information on different websites and was hoping the people here could lend a hand. Thanks in advance.

Here is why I ask. My female who came from a quality breeder in PA was sold to us as a hetro beige with no pedigree. Now she started off darker but has now shifted towards what I would call cream. She does have slight veiling and wrap but not brown like all the other beiges that I have seen. Not sure it shows up in the pictures but I would describe it closer to a very light blue hint. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• 2014030495122957.jpg
    2014030495122957.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 50
  • 2014030495141048.jpg
    2014030495141048.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 49
There are so many different shades and hues of beige I know I could not tell positively if it is a violet beige or just plain beige by looking at it.

I would simply go ask the pedigree of your chinchilla to the breeder. Without it, the information of your chinchilla is limited to speculations.

You shouldn't be breeding a chin with out a pedigree. Why wouldn't a "good" breeder give you a pedigree for a chin you intended to breed?

If your animal came from a "quality" breeder and they meant for you to breed it, you should have gotten a pedigree, unless this breeder isn't "quality" after all or the animal shouldn't be bred to begin with. I don't give pedigrees with animals that should not be bred.

Back