Help please! I am super worried!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chancesmomma

a week ago i noticed chance's poops where soft mushy and shinny...i took his food away and gave only hay and no change.....today i took him out and noticed the poops where getting fat...no smell just softish and shiny....its been a half hour since i put him back in the cage and he hasn't pooped....he ate a little and drank and ran on the wheel but no poop....when i started to notice the poop i realized he wasn't eating as much hay as usual and eating a whole lot of food. as far as treats he gets a vitamin c and 2 cheerios in the morning before we leave. i thought at first it was because it has been so hot but i don't know what to do i am freaking out now!:help::help::help::help:

Yeah, vet should be seen. Also stop with the cheerios and vitamin C. Cheerios are ok, but 3-4 a week not 2 a day. The vitamin C is unnecessary. And no treats at all until he's feeling better.

got an appointment for him :0 also a friend told me to give him a children's probiotic and shreded whet.....the poops have gotten not as fat and seem to be hardening a tad which is great but i am still gonna take him to the vet

I have noticed that if they get too much Vit C (ie rosehips) that they tend to get loose stool.

Stop the treats completely, give loose frsh hay and pull the pellets a few days. A probiotic will nit hurt and a shredded wheat but do not over do the wheat either.

When you say shiny, do you mean the poo has a slimy coating? Is it sticky? Does it have a odor? If so, you most likely have a infection and the chin needs a vet.

it wasn't really sticky and no odor at all....just fat, looked wet and soft like it could be flatten like clay....after giving him the probiotic and a couple shredded wheat he seems to be doing a lot better....i am still taking him to the vet and doing a stool sample anyway just to make sure

Back