Help my chinchilla is on pain how do you trim the teeth he can’t eat he’s hungry but he can’t eat I can’t find a dr

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nayelimillan

My chinchilla is on pain how do you treat teeth problems how can I trim his teeth I can’t find a good dr I took him yesterday and they told me I was exagerating and told me he was fine he still sick they didn’t he’ll him they just took 1000 dollars from me amd sent him home they said they did some X-rays and I asked for them they never sent them to me omg my baby can’t eat helpo

I’m trying to find a vet everyone is closed and busy I’m just gonna show up right now

Trimming teeth is something that needs to be done at the vet since it requires the proper equipment and training, often times they need to sedate the chin unless it's just the front teeth and he is very cooperative. It sounds like you found a bad vet, so you likely will need to look for another, if they did x-rays tell them to send the to the vet you find that can treat him. Did they even say what was wrong with the chin? Or were they unable to find anything wrong? What are the symptoms? A problem in the mouth could be all kinds of different issues, it could be a sore in the mouth, it could be over grown teeth, a tooth spur, a cracked tooth, or even something stuck in the teeth. If he can't eat you may also need to be hand feeding him, either get some Critical Care food or grind up some pellets in water and syringe feed him that until you can get to a vet that can or will treat him.

From one who has a chin with malo, if his teeth are overgrown he defiantly needs a vet with experience. I would call every vet in the state if u can and see if any of them offer chinchilla trimming. Unfortunaly if u cant its only humane to put him down as he is starving himself rn.

Back