HELP!!! Bringing home our first chin on Sunday morning

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bclm98

So beyond excited to say that we are bringing home our first (and only) chin on Sunday morning. He is a 6 month old Mosaic. :clap1:

However, even after researching and reading for over a year.....now with the pressure on, I feel like I know nothing. :hmm:

This is what I have so far.......
*Midwest Ferret Nation Cage - 1 level cage (adding second level within the month)
*Bass - Bottom level stainless steel drawer
*Oxbow - Food, Timothy Hay, Pine shavings (breeder currently uses) and Poof Blue Cloud Dust
*Chinchilla Bath House
*Lixit 32oz Glass Water Bottle

I'm going to cover all current shelves with fleece until I get the Bass bottom drawer as well purchase some great shelves/platforms for him online.

I know for sure I need a hut/house and a litter pan immediately..............
Anything (including those two items) anyone can recommend that is SAFE and successful that I could find locally at a Petco, Petsmart or Kahoots pet store until I get stuff purchased and shipped from online vendors???
(We're located in San Diego, CA)

Would love any and all feedback. :thumbsup:

Thank you all so much!!! :wave3:

i don't think ive ever seen a safe litter pan for chins that is sold in a pet store. AllMyChins on this site, made my metal corner litter pans. Not sure if shes still a round but you can send her a message is you'd like.

When you get those Bass pans, make sure you have a sheet of fleece to put between the cage bars and the tray. Other wise you will have metal on metal, and when the chins jump around it will make a good bit of noise. A sheet of fleece underneath will help reduce that sound.

If you have the basics, feed, water, dust, hay and a cage everything else can wait until you are able to get an order in

Back