Hello

freddie

How is the child of my old forum doing?

I still have one of the Chinchillas that I had when I started making hedgehog wheels and created Chins & Quills. She is about 19 years old now.

bbtitle_top.gif

bluetitleanimation.jpg

freddie

Checking back in, it has been more than 4 years.

I still have one of the original Chinchillas that prompted me to start Chins & Quills, she is the Beige Chinchilla in the CnQ logo. She is about 23 years old now, still running on a 20 year old Leo Braun wheel.

Anyone remember this?

Nerk

Chinchilla Servant
Oh my gosh, 23 years old! Wow, she must have the most excellent care, any tips or advice?
I was not here for Chins and Quills, I started in 2013 with my now 13 year old chin.
Welcome back!

freddie

She and another Chinchilla that I "rescued" have been eating Purina Show Rabbit food for at least 10 years now. I don't know what else to offer but I do believe it really comes down to genetics. She came from Maryanne Holden in Encinitas and has a curly tail, like dwarves do, but isn't a dwarf. She did have a dwarf baby once though, which unfortunately did not live that long. She has had 5 kits over her lifetime, the last must have been 16, 17 years ago.

Unicorn777111

That is 💥 AMAZING 💥...Can you list all the brand names of the company and products you are using? I agree it's genetics to an extent. But diet and exercise contribute a good deal to your Chin's health. And remember, LOVE is one of the most critical factors in the health and longevity of any animal in our care💕💖

Chinmama

Super Moderator
It’s been a long time, but I remember you! :) I got my first chinchilla 17 years ago and joined CnQ not long after. It was hopping back then, long before a lot of info was available elsewhere.