Hello there!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodySinatra

My name is Cody (As you can see in my forum name lol) and I'm from Minnesota!

My girlfriend and I will be getting our first chinchilla at the beginning of next month (We want a boy, we're going to name him Octavious and call him Gus for short)

I've been looking around on a lot of Chinchilla sites, and I thought this one would be PERFECT, so I joined. I've always had small animals growing up, I had:

Rats, mice, hamsters, and I had 2 Guinea Pigs, but NEVER a Chinchilla. I never really knew what they were till last year, I had NEVER seen one (Very few people around here have them) but when I saw one at a pet store I fell IN LOVE.

(Note: We plan on buying from a breeder, not a pet store)

But yeah.. I just thought I'd introduce myself ^^

Thank you! It's good to be somewhere that people actually know what they're talking about. The people at the pet stores we've been to haven't really known anything. I don't think they've even given the Chinchillas dust baths.

I'm already super excited, more excited than my girlfriend it seems. I've been doing so much research, and now I'm trying to find breeders around Minnesota/Wisconsin :laughitup:

Hi and welcome! You are right, this is the perfect place to learn all about chinnies and to ask any questions that might come up. Congrats on your soon-to-be new chinnie!

Hey bchins on here is a breeder in Wisconsin. I would let her know if you're looking for a chin :))

I'll be doing research for the next month or so, so I'm completely ready to get one when the time comes.

I'm EXTREMELY excited, and I'll be sure to post lots of pictures ^^

Welcome to cnh. Which pet stores have you gone to if you don't mind me asking. There are only 5 pet stores in the Twin Cities that will always carry chinchillas. One of them actually is a breeder herself. She only breeds to sell at her own store.

Back