Hello. Meet Sorsha

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmartigan

Hi there,
I'm late on doing this. I'm new here. My name is Christopher. This is my 5 month old chinchilla. Her name is Sorsha. She is one wild, hyper chin. haha. She only eats the bark of apple twigs. Bounces off the sides of the cage(which I built) like spider-man, and even runs along it like a racetrack. Throws hay everywhere, and loves to redecorate her cage, like throwing the fleece blanket around and tipping her cardboard hut box over. I joined this site to learn as much as I can, and interact with fellow chinchilla fans.

Since joining here I learned quite a few things. Like, don't give any raisins, or dried fruit. I'm guilty of giving her raisins when I first got her. read somewhere else it was ok, which is why I did it, but no more. Was told don't give any treats to chins below the age of 6 months, and also no play outside of cage at a young age.

I clean her cage 3x a week. emptying her pans at the bottom, and using a brush to sweep off all the droppings on the ledge. I built the cage with a 1/4 x 1/4 inch wire-mesh bottom, so the droppings fall right through. I heard chins were poop machines, but had no clue it would be that bad, lol. I also use 50/50 vinegar to wipe down spots on cage, once a week. She gets 2 dust baths a week.

I'm feeding her as much timothy hay as she wants. Also got a free bag of National Geographic Daily Diet Chinchilla Food, and buying her Oxbow Essentials real soon. There is no plastic in her cage, and was told to take out the pine-cone. She has about 5 apple twigs in there. along with a pumice stone, and chew blocks. I woke up one morning to find the chew blocks all over the place. She chewed though the rope that it was on, and made a mess. haha.

Attachments

• sor (1).jpg
    sor (1).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 15
  • sor (2).jpg
    sor (2).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 14
  • sor (3).jpg
    sor (3).jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 12
  • sor (6).jpg
    sor (6).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 11
  • sor (4).jpg
    sor (4).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 11
Yes. yes! haha. I love that Movie. I wrecked the vhs version by watching it too much as a kid. "Her name is not Sticks! She's Elora Dannen, the future empress of Tir Asleen and the last thing she's gonna want is a hairy chest!" =)

Back