Hello from New England!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anamaria

Thank you so much for this great forum! I've attached a picture of my little friend. It's an older picture, as he's very camera-shy. He's been my best bud for over a decade, and this forum has been really helpful to us. He loves running in his wheel, watching old westerns, and, of course, neck scritchies.20221104_135245.jpg

I'll try to find more pictures to share.

Welcome to the forum, Anamaria. He's adorable! Does he have a name?:)

Phillip is a nice name, is he your first chin?:)

Just the chinchilla, right now, but I've had guinea pigs, hamsters, and dwarf hamsters. All wonderful little creatures.

He's getting on in years, and a new addition would likely be too disruptive for him right now. He was solitary when he came to live with me, and at the time it was thought in some circles that they preferred that. Over the years, as more information became available, I wondered sometimes if he might like a chinchilla companion, but I couldn't fit two habitats if it didn't work out. So we spend a lot of time together, and I have to hope that it's enough. He has one of those little fleece chinchillas to snuggle with, and our bond is pretty strong. My job has the hybrid model, so I frequently work from home, and we have a pretty solid routine. So...long story short, yes and no?

Back