Hello from Colorado!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahJo

Hi everyone!

My name is Sarah & I am very excited to join the community of fellow chinchilla lovers! I will be bringing him my baby white mosaic chinchilla a week from today & my husband and I can not wait! We don't have a name for her yet, so I'm hoping you all may be able to help with that!

We are purchasing her from Cornillia Kern at Cuddlebug Chinchillas which I am sure many of you know because she speaks very highly of all of you! She has been very informative & helpful and I know I will be bringing home a very happy, healthy & social chinchilla from her that I hope to enjoy for the next twenty years 😊.

My chin will be about ten weeks old when I bring her home & I cannot wait. The picture below is her at about four weeks. I know she's going to be about three times bigger when I see her next week!

A little about myself is that I am twenty two years old, happily married & my chin will be our only family pet (so you can imagine how loved & spoiled she will be). My sister tells me I'm nesting as if I'm having a baby & that's because I will be bringing home a baby! Just not the kind she's referring too 😉.

I look forward to making many friends along the way on this forum & learning as much as possible! Hope to talk with many of you soon!! 😄

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 14
Aww that's so great! Congrats & welcome to the forum! :wave:

Hi Sarah, and welcome to the forum there really is some lovely people on here, all chinchilla orientated. I have a white mosaic bot, Pepper, just over a year old. He lives with his cage mate, Jason, a standard grey. In total, I have nine beatiful chinchilla boys so there's never a dull moment in my home. :wink2:

Thanks!! I am super excited to be join such an awesome group! Both of your chins look & sound adorable!
Wow nine! I'm not sure I could manage that many haha but that's awesome! I'm just starting with one, I hope she will bond to me but are yours still super friendly with a cage mate?

Thanks for the welcomes! 😊

Yes, all my boys are used to being handled and are very affectionate to both myself and hubby. My little beige rescue chin, Zulu has had a difficult time learning how to bond, but we are now making huge steps of progress. All my chins give kisses, love using me as a climbing frame, and turning my pockets out searching for treats. Every one has a different personality, and it's a continual learning curve. I love every minute I spend with them. :)

Back