having seperation anxiety and they haven't even left yet!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxchincerelyxo

PM for pet portraits <3
I was lucky enough to find a home for the female kit who was born to a rescue who recently came to me, and the people want to take the mom too! I know this is great, but I've become very fond of both girls. The girl is my favorite of the litter and the mom is really sweet. They'll be picked up tomorrow...and I'm already missing them!

Anyone else get like this with their chins?

Thats the reason I could never take in rescues or re-home chins. I would never get rid of them. Same with fostering dogs.. They would all stay with me.

I want to rehome a female rescue that I have had here since last year. I am looking for just the right home for her...She's not even spoken for yet and I am having anxiety about letting her go. So I totally know the feeling...What kind of crazy "rescue" am I?

I want to rehome a female rescue that I have had here since last year. I am looking for just the right home for her...She's not even spoken for yet and I am having anxiety about letting her go. So I totally know the feeling...What kind of crazy "rescue" am I?

:laughitup: okay now I don't feel as bad...

I almost called the people back to say she is unavailable, but I know they'll give them a good home. They're driving 6 hours today to come and get them! Hopefully all goes well...if not I might have to ninja chop them and run off with my girls :wink2:

Boy do I ever know what you are going through. I just recently let my 3 Arlington babies go. The whole time we were setting things up for the move I kept hoping they would back out. Right up till the time they pulled out of my driveway with them, I was resisting the urge to go grab to boys and run back into the house with them. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do. The chin room feels so empty now.

Welcome to my world! Every rescue that comes through the door I get attached to. All have a piece of my heart. Every time I adopt one out I go through this. I know in my heart though that I can't keep everyone, and if I keep all the current ones in my home who are ready to be adopted, I can't take in more who really need my care.

I've rehomed before, and it just hasn't ever been this bad! I think it's also that this was my first set of kits to be born in my house, and I've been with them since day one...I know they'll have a great home, but why can't that be with me :cry3:

I wish I had a rich husband that could buy me enough room to house all the chinnies I could get my hands on!!!;)

Back